Thread: New Grizzly in the House! (Pix)

New Grizzly in the House! (Pix)

LOML treated me to a new G0586 for my b-day last week. Now I'm really going to have to start milling that cherry for her blanket chest. For anyone considering purchasing this particular jointer, be prepared for the unloading event because the shipping crate and the cardboard box together top 500 lbs. You really need some heavy duty equipment to get it off the truck, and you definitely need a helper to lift the jointer onto the cabinet stand. A mobile stand is a must if you EVER think that you might move the machine.

Also, the motor comes wired for 220V. Yes, it can be wired for 110V, but you need to buy a different switch which costs $50.00. I did buy that switch but am still undecided whether I'll convert to 110V or stay with 220V.

Anyway, this Grizz joins its little brother in my shop, a G0555. One more ought to round out 3 bears for this JAH'er. (Just A Hobbyist.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent gloat/Bday gift. I envy you. Looks like all arrived in tip top shape. Enjoy and hope it was a great Bday!
    Corey

What a fabulous birthday present. Better get to work on that chest straight away. Happy birthday!

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Now there is a great birthday present!

I'm surprised that you could get the thing onto a mobile base with just one helprer. It took 4 of us to get my Delta DJ20 jointer onto its mobile base.

That is a great birthday present! I had considered that model closely when I was shopping!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Frank, I was able to assemble the mobile base (by myself) around the jointer by placing the cabinet stand on 4" blocks. I completed that step before hoisting the jointer onto the stand.

Congrats and happy B-day. I have that very jointer in my wish list. How about a review once you have a chance to test her out?
    Jeremy Gibson