Thread: Upcoming project question

Upcoming project question

Hi all,I haven't posted much,just soaking up the tremendous knowledge, but I'll be starting a large project soon, and need some info.I'm building an octagonal bar that seats nine and will be constucted of mahogany. Only problem is, I don't seem to be able to find much on bar design. I cant find anything in bookstores, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any sources for this. I haven't been doing this long, but I have always tried ambitious projects, and like using ornate mouldings.(One source I use is Enkeboll Design, in Carson, Calif.) I'll try to post some pics of the several projects I've done so far. I want this bar to look a little higher end, with a back bar with mirrors, raised panels etc. Thanks for any input you guys may be able to provide.

While the cravings that you can purchase from Enkeboll are top of the line, the prices always look like phone #. Check around, becuase there is alot of other manufactures that produce material in the same quality level at half the price. If you need help finding them, ask and I will post them.

Richard

Hopefully Per Swenson will weigh in on this one for you. He has posted to some threads with examples of his work, and the bar he made. He also had a design drawing of one, but I don't know if it was ever built.

Seems lake a serious "pub crawl" is called for--after all it is research.

I'm in for the research, what city and when so that I can close the business for a few days?

[QUOTE=timothy mckee]Hi all, I'm building an "octagonal bar" that "seats nine" and will be constucted of mahogany.
    I don't seem to be able to find much on bar design. QUOTE]

Hmmmm,...........let's see, eight sides....seating nine people ........is the nineth person going to be the bartender sitting inside the bar????? I guess I'm pretty slow tonight mentally, but I sure don't see any way to make a design with a "Balanced Look", that will seat nine people and eight sides to do it with.

I don't know what to tell you, but when you get this thing designed, I SURE WANT TO SEE IT.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".