Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 NFL Thread

Big smiles!!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

This one's for Chris

Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Finally someone dug that up! LOL!

Blog Entries
    Saints and Lions coming up on Monday Night Football.

Kent Bathurst and I have a bet on the game. The discussion on what the award should be was pretty funny. We wanted something appropriate for the year the Saints and Lions are having. Like a plunger. Or a closet auger. But we finally settled on a 12 pack.

Kent and I have made some small sports related bets over the last few years. Always fun. Kent and that big sense of humor of his. For me to insist that he had to root for the Lions (to win) was a pretty funny exchange.

PHM

Go Panthers!!!!

14-0...........

Pro football just doesn't get it for me. College ball is beginning to catch up with them as to being so predictable. I pull for TENNESSEE, Clemson, South Carolina, and anybody playing Alabama(have a bunch of cousins that like to rub it in out there). GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

NFL Playoff Picks/Predictions

Some teams got lucky to make the playoffs this year while others seemed to easily make them. Tell us who you think will win it all. Bruce Page is likely to throw in the wrong prediction, but it's welcome. I wish the Cheese Heads would win but expect it to be Arizona. I wish Pittsburgh would lose but see them defeating the Bengals.

Panthers to win it all. Arizona just got shellac'd yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Adams View Post
    Panthers to win it all. Arizona just got shellac'd yesterday.

The shellacors(SeaSquabs) looked pretty good from what I saw. NFC seems like Seattle, Carolina, Arizona and everybody else.

Only one game at a time. Seahawks will beat Minnesota next Sunday. Marshawn Lynch will be back. Watch out NFC; then AFC. They are peaking at the right time.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow...Broncos made the #1 seed. I saw a chance earlier in the season but that went down with Peyton. Very cool. Since Peyton appears back, I wonder how far Denver can go.

In the NFL......

To the general public, I would argue the most unappreciated players are offensive linemen. To quarterbacks, the offensive linemen are very important!

Look at the number of teams that have taken recent slides in the win column and the number of hits, sacks and injuries their quarterbacks have taken! Now look at the number of recently injured offensive linemen on those same teams.

BTW.....a healing Peyton Manning looked pretty good yesterday. It was pointed out on ESPN by a couple contributors that his ability to read the defense set at the last moment and make audible play changes at the line of scrimmage was why several of big runs happened. I hope at the end of this year, he retires.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-04-2016 at 6:58 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    To the general public, I would argue the most unappreciated players are offensive linemen. To quarterbacks, the offensive linemen are very important!

Look at the number of teams that have taken recent slides in the win column and the number of hits, sacks and injuries their quarterbacks have taken! Now look at the number of recently injured offensive linemen on those same teams.

BTW.....a healing Peyton Manning looked pretty good yesterday. It was pointed out on ESPM by a couple contributors that his ability to read the defense set at the last moment and make audible play changes at the line of scrimmage was why several of big runs happened. I hope at the end of this year, he retires.
    LOL....Ken, I take it you're not a Denver fan!!....I'm not either but every time a player of that caliber retires .. (Bret Farve, Dan Marino, John Elway) ...it seems leave a hole in the league and a "missing something" kind of feeling... I hope he has a couple years left....

Actually Barry....I am a big time fan of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and their father Archie. I just hate to see some of the greatest athletes stay too far beyond their peaks. I find it painful to watch their degradation. For example, take boxer Roberto Duran.... Even "The Greatest" Ali....... it's painful to me to watch their fall from the heights of their glory.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-05-2016 at 12:42 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....