Thread: Visit with a Creeker: John Renzetti

Visit with a Creeker: John Renzetti

After spending about six hours in a customer meeting today, I headed "around the corner" to visit with John Renzetti in Chadds Ford, PA. All I can say is, "Wow". Beautiful home, property, family and...um...shop! That should be Shop with a capital "op"! We're talking Euro heaven, largely of the Felder variety and the work that John has done is also lovely. We had a nice chat about a lot of things and I was sorry to head up the road, but wanted to miss traffic. John...I'll be back!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

always nice to stop in and take a break in a nice shop. I was hoping for a few more photos of "europe".

lou

Looks like it was a good time and the sneak peak at John's shop looks like lots of machiner lurking in there!

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by lou sansone
    always nice to stop in and take a break in a nice shop. I was hoping for a few more photos of "europe".

lou
    How about it John? Let's see a bit more of your shop.

Bob
    bob m

Very nice! I agree, John the pressure is on! Lets see it =)

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    If memory serves, John posted a nice tour back during the Badger Pond days. I just checked Rod Peterson’s “Shop Tours” site (http://www.shoptours.org/) but I couldn’t find it. So John, how about posting a new tour?
    I should update my tour, there have been a lot of changes since 2002!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    If memory serves, John posted a nice tour back during the Badger Pond days. I just checked Rod Peterson’s “Shop Tours” site (http://www.shoptours.org/) but I couldn’t find it. So John, how about posting a new tour?
    I should update my tour, there have been a lot of changes since 2002!

I couldn't find it on my disk of Badger Pond archives either.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

There were images on Pond...I remember them too.

If my memory is correct, and that is getting more and more questionable as life goes on, I am sure that John posted some pictures on the Pond. I seem to remember a large wall with lots of glass. But maybe I am confused, that may have been images of John's home. I also seem to remember some comments about much of the wood material in the building having been milled from timber that had grown on the property.

John, please prove to me that my failing memory has not let me down again. Show us some pictures of what I remember to be a beautiful shop. I feel it is one of the few that I remember seeing images of that rivals Lou's wonderful playhouse.

Greg

hi Jim, Really enjoyed your visit. Fun and lots of good conversation. We're looking forward to having you back with your wife and new family in October.

I did post a couple of pictures on Badger Pond, one was the workbench and I think the other was the exterior of the shop. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded of the shop interior. I'm in the process of building some base and wall cabinets.
    Also if anybody is in my area, just let me know, visitors are always welcome.
    take care,
    John

Blog Entries
    I've been in John's shop. It looks like a display showcase for Felder. He even has an aircraft carrier parked in there. Had to duck as a couple of F-14's made touch and goes.

John's shop and house are very nice, he has some fine examples of woodwork he has done. I just wish I had been able to spend more time with him when I charged through on the way to see my new grandson four years ago.....
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Looks like agreat shop! Show us more!! You even have a Becker.....rare and always moving
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Sounds like a great time in a great shop Jim...I envy you getting to meet all these Creekers in their shops.

Rumor has it I may get to visit your new one in the recent future, Kelly...stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    You even have a Becker.....rare and...
    Thankfully rare...

That would be great Jim! Maybe we'll have time for some BBQ from the smoker right outside the shop while you're here! Lookin' forward to it...

Sounds great, Kelly. With any luck, Mr. Tarr will also be on that trip and I know he also likes to eat and enjoy, um...beverages.