Thread: Corel Question

Corel Question

Sometimes in Corel I need to make an outline of an object.
    It doesn't have to be real critical. Is there a way once I have
    and outline, a little rough around the edges, to automatically smooth
    the curves?

Thanks!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Shape Tool? Reduce the nodes once everything is selected? Or smoothing nodes (under that same set of tools).
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

In Corel X7, Object-Shaping-Boundry
    I use it all the time.
    X5 and X6 has it also
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

Just so! I needed this yesterday and couldn't remember how to do it the easy way so I fumbled around for over 10 minutes with welding, joining, combining nodes, etc., to manually do the same thing in a much more convoluted way :^(

In X6, it's found under Windows/Dockers/Shaping, which opens a multipurpose docker with Weld, Trim, Back Minus Front, etc., including Boundary. Once I found it there, and knowing all-too-well that I frequently-used icons on the command bar for Weld, Back Minus Front, and Front Minus Back, I checked the command bar and there was the Boundary icon that I had never previously used or even recognized... Always more to learn!

I thought he was asking how to smooth it once he created the outline.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

--me too...

I usually use Gravostyle or my Casmate for smoothing, but I have found that deleting nodes within a bumpy arc works great-- usually.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle