Thread: Unisaw what do I donisaw

Unisaw what do I donisaw

1111111.png The craigslist With sensitive info removed. It has a 3 hp. 1977 considering for purchase. Ripped 200 pieces of something on my cratsman and decided I had enough. I want a saw I can throw stuff through.

20150830_231955.jpg20150830_231946.jpg20150830_231938.jpg20150830_231931.jpg

The guy says I can start it up in the morning cut wood on it all day dig myself out of saw dust day in and day out for years and years and years while the saw Stands proudly with bullets bouncing off. superman1986.jpg

What do you guys think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tom suica; 09-01-2015 at 1:45 AM.

Well made saw. Right tilt, no riving knife. With that fence, I think $450 is a reasonable offer....you may want to consider a fence upgrade down the road. Leave yourself some cash for a decent blade or two.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Consider the modification to the (or in this case, the missing) base on the saw. The seller mentions that the saw is set up on casters. I see the little base has been removed to allow plywood platform with caster wheels. See if the seller still has that original base. Personally, I rather have the original base and I'd make my offer based on that consideration.
    Last edited by Bill Orbine; 09-01-2015 at 10:43 PM.

I bought it. $400.. I assume this beast will make me money when I sell it. I will probably do being a partial restoration and some high end bearings Incra ls ts on it and some BA Dust collection. I want the original base as bad as you do but sometimes you just have to suck it up and know your saw doesn't have that original completion nor will it ever. I will spend a great time worrying and wondering where the metal is what its doing and what is going on with it right now. Also I need help hooking it up.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 09-01-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Removed solicitation

Add a splitter/riving knife and an overhead guard and you'll have a nice machine...........Rod.

6. That is like mine. I also took off the base to allow for wheels under the saw. Not a big deal in my opinion. I upgraded the fence years ago. I don't know of a riving knife option.

Quote Originally Posted by tom suica View Post
    I bought it. $400.. I assume this beast will make me money when I sell it. I will probably do being a partial restoration and some high end bearings Incra ls ts on it and some BA Dust collection. I want the original base as bad as you do but sometimes you just have to suck it up and know your saw doesn't have that original completion nor will it ever. I will spend a great time worrying and wondering where the metal is what its doing and what is going on with it right now. Also I need help hooking it up.
    - Careful, I don't think we're allowed to say that around here any longer !

Andrew Are you interested in selling your base ?

Here ya go. 3hp, 1PH. If it had the plinth you can still get the Delta mobile base off of Amazon for under $100 and it fits like a glove. This one now has an Incra CleanSweep with a PC 89x series router and dust collection for the saw.

IMG_0611.jpg