Thread: What Disc Sander Should I Buy?

What Disc Sander Should I Buy?

Looking to purchase a 15" - 20" (+/-) disc sander which I'd use both for woodworking and also limited mild steel. Based on the way I expect to work - switching between different woods and mild steel - I'm expecting to use PSA disks and smaller might be better (thinking cost). Though I guess I can always use a smaller disc for a specific job and lift the table, though not the other way around. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up buying more than one unit for either multiple grit of material specific.

What have folks found are the pros and cons of the various makes and sizes? I started my search looking at the usual suspects ... Max, State and Master ... but there are lots of brands out there in the 20" range. I have 3-phase in several voltages, though single-phase would probably be more convenient.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Jesse ... thanks for that note off-line ... very helpful, prompt and generous. Thanks!

Care to share what you found? I'm thinking of adding a disc sander to my shop for similar duties as well..