Thread: which paint for vinyl shutters?

which paint for vinyl shutters?

Looking at either latex brush-on or rattle-can spray for plastics. The shutters face the sun most of the day and are fading after 14 years.

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Paul,
    I had the same problem with dark red shutters on my home although I tried a product called "303" for plastics, vinyl, etc. and the shutters literally looked like new after application and I only have to re-apply the product every (5) years or so to keep them looking this way. I bought the product from a Marine supply. BTW, the shutters are also (14) years old.
    Mac
    Last edited by Mac McQuinn; 08-17-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    I painted my vinyl shutters about 3 years ago with a paint from Sherwin Williams -Duration acrylic latex, has held up very well and covered in one coat
    Dennis

Two coats of dark green Rustoleum brought the 25 year old shutters back from the grave and has held up great for the last 4 years.
    Surprised me.
    I bought the Rustoleum for the front door and a metal awning and figured, "What the hay, I already have it here and if it doesn't work, I'll just repaint them with a 100% Acrylic".
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Thanks for your ideas. Think I will try Krylon Fusion for plastic and see how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Saffold View Post
    Thanks for your ideas. Think I will try Krylon Fusion for plastic and see how it does.
    I have had good results with Krylon fusion and also with Rustoleum similar product!