Thread: AI-generated dragon

AI-generated dragon

I generated the dragon using Microsoft's Copilot image generator. This is a 6" square ceramic tile, painted satin beige. I used a 10w diode laser module attached to my CNC router to etch it. Run time was roughly 2 1/2 hours.

dragon on tile.jpg
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Excellent work! What settings did you use?

Man, that’s a GREAT image. It’s probably the most fierce dragon image I’ve ever seen. And the resolution is amazing - his teeth are scary sharp. I’d be proud to own that.

Question? I don’t know anything about laser engraving. In the photo, I think I see fine vertical lines across much of the image (not just the background). Are those actually in the engraving or is that just in the photo (or on my monitor)?

Really beautiful work Sir!
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 03-21-2024 at 8:27 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    Excellent work! What settings did you use?
    I burned this in Lightburn at 1500mm/mm and 60% power. All lasers will differ, though.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    The results are outstanding Grant!
    Thanks much, Keith. Lots of learning to do, but a reasonable first effort, I think.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Man, that’s a GREAT image. It’s probably the most fierce dragon image I’ve ever seen. And the resolution is amazing - his teeth are scary sharp. I’d be proud to own that.

Question? I don’t know anything about laser engraving. In the photo, I think I see fine vertical lines across much of the image (not just the background). Are those actually in the engraving or is that just in the photo (or on my monitor)?

Really beautiful work Sir!
    Thank you. There are visible lines in the black background. I think I need to increase the lines per inch in my Lightburn settings. There are no lines in the graphic created by Copilot.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Great job! Thanks for posting. I used Copilot yesterday for the first time for a recipe. Also great results.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7