Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Rabbit Laser

One of my pet peeves is quoting laser speeds in MINUTES. It's like grocery store price tags that say 10 FOR $10!! -- makes me grind my teeth...

36,000mm per minute is 600mm per second. 500-600 mm/sec is typical for Chinese machines. My triumph supposedly has a 500mm max, but I run it at 700mm quite often. Any faster and the engraving starts to suffer a bit.

As for insurance, you can insure anything for a price...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I think if you bought some commercial liability insurance and named your landlord as an insured it would cover most things that plus an umbrella policy should get you covered, but I'm not an insurance agent so it would be best to check with one for the exact details. Talk to commercial agent, I'm not sure those residential folks know much about business use stuff, they might tell you something incorrect and leave you uncovered.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

On the Rabbit Usa web page he says you can upgrade the laser. Does that mean I could put a ceramic or a metal tube in it if I wanted? (I am assuming no because of the liquid cooled)

I think probably not. Upgrades on a co2 laser usually mean you can put in a more powerful tube. But I would CALL! and ask to make certain.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I bought a Rabbit Lasers QX-80-9060 in January of 2015 and ran it heavily for a year before I sold the business to travel. I had all the same problems as the OP. (Ran the business out of my garage, I rented so couldn't do a permanent install, 240v or 120v problems...)

The only problems I had were ones I expected for a budget machine. Door latches stopped working and needed to be adjusted often, buttons on the control panel didn't always work, engrave speeds were slower than advertised.

That being said, the machine performed well where it counts most. No problems with consistent positioning for re-running a program. I didn't have to adjust focus after the initial setup. Software didn't crash. The belts didnt slip. (Well they slipped once but that was my fault.) It really was a good machine, especially for the price.

I did a writeup about my machine purchase on my blog and will write more in the upcoming weeks. Heres a link: http://trail70engineer.blogspot.de/2...-purchase.html