Good day all,
First of all first post yay
Second, looks like this tread has died so I'm bumping it.
Next, Thinking about buying a rabbit, I would love to get the RL-80-1290 but unfortunately I will be running this out of my house and do not have 240, so I'm looking at a RL-60-9060 with the 80w upgrade. (sigh losing some cutting space). I digress, I am wondering if I am making the correct decision an questioning why more people do not buy them. The price seams very reasonable and the support from what I have read is A+. Software I have read is lacking but I'm not sure if that has changed in the last few years. I do not live close ~1,200 miles away, so I cant go a look at one or pick it up.

I am concerned since I will be doing this out of my garage that I may surge the switches as I have read on other forms. I have not checked the breakers. (Anybody that cuts at home, with an industrial cutter, have any advice about this cutting at home i would be grateful )
A little about what I will be doing: I am a one man band thinking about starting a side business doing laser cutting for the local hobbyists in the area, and doing cutting for the local school's to tech students about engineering. the time on the cutter will be very up and down. Ie. I will have 1 week of very heavy use then 2 weeks or so of no use at all. Heavy use meaning a lot of balsa, cardboard and plexi glass, all different jobs but all the same material during that week.

I know the rabbit is not the fastest but I cant afford the speedy, maybe another time. I will not do any raster just cutting. I am waiting on a quote form universal lasers, and a lot of searching on the forms have pushed me away from the other 2 main brands ( Epilog and Full spectrum) although I have read that Epilog has one of the best software. I have talked to a few other laser owners 2 have Universal and love it and the other has an Epilog (have only talked to customers and they say they like his cuts) so I would be a new cutter in town with the rabbit.

So again with all that being said. Am I heading in the right direction or do I need to make a U-Turn.