Thread: Live Edge End Table

Live Edge End Table

This is my first try at furniture. Top is popular and base and legs are made from pallet wood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool little table. I always appreciate when people can take a pallet apart and make stuff out of it. That is a lot of effort to just get it to the point you can use it.

Nice job for first try. Yes, I think a lot of people will like that top, but what kind of wood is it?

Nice!

Tell me a little about the joinery.

I love when people can reclaim pallet wood. Unsolicited critique: can you finish the legs a little darker? My eye wants them to match the top closer. To each his own. Nice, though!!

Very good, Thomas. You'll always be able to point to that table and say, "That was my first piece." I'm sure you learned quite a lot building it. What's next ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hill View Post
    Nice job for first try. Yes, I think a lot of people will like that top, but what kind of wood is it?
    FYI:This is from the OP first post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Heck View Post
    Top is popular and base and legs are made from pallet wood.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The top is from a popular tree I cut down earlier this year in our yard that was about to fall from being partly hollow.I drilled the legs and countersunk the screws, then filled the holes. I was wanting to join the corners in a 45 degree angle, but wasn't sure I could keep from having a gap. I distresses the legs a little, maybe I should of went darker. Thanks for all the comments.

Okay, I'm sorry, I was just trying to be funny. You mean it was from a poplar tree. Nice job anyway.

No trouble, just thought you missed it. I guess I need to check my spelling.

Poplar is a popular wood