Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Griggio Unica Slider

Quote Originally Posted by John Lankers View Post
    I realized my post was getting way to long so I figured I had to keep it short and I deleted some, sorry.
    The report says the main cause of accidents is safety equipment like blade guards removed, small workpieces not properly secured or waste removed from the proximity of the blade without proper care, so unsafe work practices in general.
    Those numbers are real but they don't differentiate between jobsite saws, cabinet saws, sliders, hobby shops and commercial shops and they include all imaginable accidents including cuts on sliders.
    I'm not even sure if it's possible to find statistics that only show cuts on sliders - so it might be anyones guess, who knows. I do know, since I own the slider I feel a lot safer and I can make cuts safely that I never even would have dreamed of doing on a table saw - incl. SawStop.
    This set aside, what about all the other woodworking machines like shapers, jointers, drill presses, band saws and routers - are they any less dangerous?
    I asked a friend of mine that works in woodworking machinery industry in Germany about this high rate of accidents. This is what he said. "Those accidents count all table saws, sliding table saws etc.
    Even if they happen on construction sides or when cutting wood for your heat at home etc.
    Since all workers in Germany are very well insured via workers compensation they will go to the doctor even if they only got a scratch.."

He went on to say on average there is one serious woodworking accident per month in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    I'm at the show right now and Griggio actually has a booth here. Well, a US dealer for them. Two regular sliders, not the "safe" one. Spoke at length with the rep. Says it will be at least a year before that slider makes it to the US and did confirm the relationship with Sawstop. Erik
    Who is their US dealer? Thanx for the update btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    There's also Tacos & Beer on Paradise Road across form Del Frisco's and Gordon Biersch. About a 5 min drive from LVCC. http://tacosandbeerlv.com

Worth checking out post-show.

not sure i will have room wife has plans for bellagio buffet

Having spent a fair bit of my career as a marketing guy the 19 incidents a day is almost certainly true but also clearly misleading. Any cut or scratch could certainly count as an injury. They didn't claim amputations. Gast and Sawstop used data in a similar way. If memory serves they quoted ER visits. That would be a more meaningful data point than "injuries"?

Peter, "United Machinery Solutions" of FL. Must confess that I had never heard of them prior to now...

https://www.importgenius.com/importe...-solutions-inc

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep