Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Griggio Unica Slider

Thumbs up Griggio Unica Slider

Interestingly, the blade isn't destroyed when the system is triggered. Saw is ready to be used again in 2 minutes.

Two minute recharge? Large capacitor and a electromagnet?

Thanks, I'll have to look into that out of curiosity.

Clearly, it would also be hard to "lose" this saw in your shop with that color! Nice to see even additional safety function on what is already a relatively "safe" saw format...which is one reason I have a slider.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Impressive for a large blade format saw!

finally a true slider with flesh sensing tech. Very cool!! Probably also way out of my price range!

That is a pretty slick machine, thanks for posting.

Awesome technology .. Nice to see it on a slider.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Peter. Wonder if that machine will be in Vegas?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Nice concept, nice color, nice machine. The reason for my purchase of a sliding table saw is safety, ease of use, straight-line ripping on the slider. And I got mine long after the hot dog machine was on the market. Interesting if it will make it to the North American market.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Peter. Wonder if that machine will be in Vegas?

Erik
    I don't see Griggio S.p.a on the AWFS exhibitor list so I'd imagine probably not. They probably just rolled the saw out at the Ligna show and that was it.

Other than the handful of machines machine carried by Laguna and Andreou, does Griggio have any US representation at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    I don't see Griggio S.p.a on the AWFS exhibitor list so I'd imagine probably not. They probably just rolled the saw out at the Ligna show and that was it.

Other than the handful of machines machine carried by Laguna and Andreou, does Griggio have any US representation at all?

From the Griggio machines I have seen at IWF in the past, it was always a dealer's booth rather than Griggio itself. Perhaps Andreou? I don't remember. I'll definitely look around when I am there. They generally group the various vendors by type of machine sold, so I assume whoever might be selling something like this would be in our same hall.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I see that J&G Machinery has a 20x30 at the back end of the show by Door 5. Maybe there?

It should also be noted that there's an excellent taco truck that usually parks across the boneyard past the freight doors during most show days. Certainly better than the food options inside LVCC.
    Last edited by Peter Kelly; 07-10-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Hmmmm, must investigate said taco truck....

No kidding about the food: I actually bring my own protein bars and then boost stuff like bananas from the hotel. You rarely have time to sit down and eat during the show. We do have an excellent espresso machine in SCM booth however.

Getting back to this saw, I'll ask the Italians about it. I'm sure they will know something and it's good to have other options in the market.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Watching the video again, I am really curious about how they did this. Pneumatics, I assume? The machine apparently calls for 6 BAR of pressure, which is not something you normally need for a sliding table saw. If you look at the cabinet, it has this bulging profile, which I am assuming is to accomodate the drop if the blade is tilted to 45 degrees.

Listen to the sound of it in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HbaLDjmEE

Sounds like a pneumatic solenoid when it triggers. Still terrifies me to watch someone place their hands that close to the blade, tho'...

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Wonder if this is some of bosch airbag tech?