Thread: Home- made bora care & timbor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Hello folks,
    I have followed the instructions to make the product that uses Boric Acid , Borax, And propylene glycol.
    The glycol was a bit syrupy....and I didn't expect that. the resultant product was also syrupy....But that is the way it is.
    i added water (50%) as suggested and sprayed it on a beam that needed some dry rot control. I drilled holes in the beam and squirted the liquid in.
    I waited for the stuff to dry and now I need to fill the holes with sawdust mixed with carpenter's glue. Then I am ready to paint when that is dried and sanded level.
    But I have noticed the termite/borer/ wood rot liquid has dried a clear film over the previously painted beam and is shiny.
    I wonder if painting over it will be a problem down the road. Should a person beware of anything? Any experience with this from any users? Allan Speers???
    thanks just send me an email when you have time...I don't always get around to checking all the forums I am registered with.
    my email is raelph5@gmail.com
    Raelph
    Last edited by raelph houghton; 01-10-2017 at 6:27 AM. Reason: clarification