Thread: Powermatic 2000 dust port size

Powermatic 2000 dust port size

I have this saw and I've been trying to fit a 5" to 4" reducer on the port and the 4" does not fit into the PM port (it's too large even after being crimped). Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make this work? Thanks in advance.

Here is the reducer I am using: http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD..._no=SCOLLECT32

Blog Entries
    It is 4" od I use a plastic adapter 4" metal won't fit.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Unshielded couplings, or "fernco's" as some refer to them as, have been a life saver for me. Especially for euro machines.

on odd diam , tricky ones, I've used rubber joints from the hardware/plumbing store..rockler also has a big rubber joint. One uses adjustable hose clamps to "rachet" it down. fits lots of odd shapes & sizes
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

You want the adapter to fit on the outside of the TS dust port - - the dust should never hit an inside "lip" on its journey.........
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.