Thread: Epilog Eclipse 1000/25a

Question Epilog Eclipse 1000/25a

I know that the debate of whether a Epilog Eclipse 1000/25a is worth resurrecting has been brought up several times, however we are trying to figure out if this unit still works before we scrap it or attempt to sell it to a hobbyist. We have ordered a new laser so I'm not too worried about it , just more of a fascination and being reminiscent. Two questions... Does anyone have a driver for any os we can try? And is anyone using a usb to 25 pin converter or do they not work for these lasers? Thanks

I personally don't know anything about the Eclipse, but I think you should assume that the USB to parallel port converter will not work, and find an old PC with a parallel port (or find a plug-in parallel port board). IF you can get it to communicate properly this way then you can start experimenting with a converter if it is worthwhile. Otherwise you won't have any idea as to where the problem is.

You may want to call Epilog Support. They just may have answers to you questions.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I thought it was no longer supported? It dates back to MS-DOS or at least Windows 3.1. or Windows 95 anyway.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

You may be right, but if they don't know, they are likely able to point you in the right direction.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

If I were you, I'd just scrap it.

You're welcome to call tech support to ask them about it but, unless you get bumped up to a supervisor (unlikely for Eclipse questions...), I doubt you'll find a technician who was even born when those systems were sold.
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts