Thread: Woodworker's Journal Plans Collection

Woodworker's Journal Plans Collection

Anyone here paid the $37 for unlimited online access to 14,000+ journal woodworking plans? Is it worth it?

Thanks
    Jack

Blog Entries
    Are you sure it's from Woodworker's Journal (and not Woodworkerz Journal)? Vast majority of those plan groupings are a scam.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Thanks Dan! I went back and looked at the Web address and it is woodworkers.com

Jack

It's a scam.

Hrm, woodworkers.com redirects to woodworker.com for me, which is the website of woodworker's supply. I don't know anything about them personally, but that doesn't mean much - I get most of my stuff from Lowe's, Woodcraft, and eBay.

Woodworker's Journal has a complete collection DVD from 1977 to 2013 for $90. Go to their website, click the store link up top, and it'll take you to their page on Rockler's website.

I haven't read any recent Woodworker's Journals, but I was recently given several issues from the mid 80s. They're pretty good. Each issue has quite a few plans and projects in it, and there's a lot of articles on machines and techniques. I like the old advertisements - machines change in interesting ways over the years. If they kept up that format for most of their run, $90 would probably be a good deal.