Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photo-Paint X7 macro to process images for laser engraving

Photo-Paint X7 macro to process images for laser engraving

LaserPhotoPrep.zip

I have attached a Cored Photo-Paint X7 macro that I created. I use this to prepare images for laser engraving. I found that processing the photos manually took too long and the paid programs were too expensive for my needs. This macro falls somewhere in the middle of those two options.

The macro allows you to

• Automate the most common steps and settings for converting a picture.
    • Choose which steps to perform and the settings to use.
    • Save these steps and settings to a file for later use.
    • Copy my settings file and share them with others.
    • Add notes to the settings with information such as Power Level, Frequency, and speed.

The macro has been tested in Photo-Paint X7 running on 64 bit Windows 7 and 64 bit Windows 8.1. It may work with other versions of Photo-Paint and windows but no guarantees. Hope you like it.

Thanks Bob, and welcome to the forum! I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that will be able to use that.

We appreciate your effort!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Yes, thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Thanks Bob, and welcome to the forum! I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that will be able to use that.

We appreciate your effort!
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Bob, I just loaded up your Macro in Corel Paint X6 and it works great in that. I started to read your instructions before loading the macro and that is when I realised how much work you have put into this. The control panel for this macro with the ability to add comments to the saved file means it is a great asset. Thanks for producing this, outstanding effort. I think at the moment you may have thought that you would have received more replies. I think a lot of the guys have not had a chance to download the file yet.

Thanks so much Bob this is brilliant work.
    Rayjet 30
    Coreldraw X6
    Roland GX24 Vinyl cutter

Bob

Thanks. I downloaded it and will give it a try this weekend.

Welcome to SMC.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I downloaded it yesterday but have'nt had time to install it yet but will try to do it later.

As a newbie, I appreciate the help and suport given by everyone on this forum so thanks, not only to Bob for taking the time to do this, but also to everyone who has helped me in the past (and I am sure the future as well)
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

HI Bob,
    I have not actually used your macro yet, but did instal it just now without any problems. I do not do much in the way of photo’s but look forward to giving it a try. Thanks so much for your willingness to share your hard work with us all.
    Kind Regards, John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Bernie, I've learned not to expect too much of a rush when releasing things to groups like this one. Like any product, if it is any good and people like it then the user base will grow over time. My hope for this program is that people will find it useful and share the settings files with others.

I just started reading up on this, and know I'm going to find it very useful with substrates I have got my settings down well on. Thanks!

Oh! Really thanks for sharing your hard and great work. :-D
    Edu

Laserpro Spirit 30w

Thanks Bob, I don't do many photo's but i can't wait to try this, might make me get off my butt and do more.
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

Has anyone had any luck with running the Macro in Corel Photo Paint X5?
    Laser Dark Manufacturer
    130 Watt LaserPro Spirit Gx Laser
    75 Watt LMI 4' x 10' Laser
    75 Watt Vytek Special F/X2 Laser
    Suma SumaSign Pro T750 Vinyl Cutter
    Knight 294 Swinger Sublimation Heat Press
    Cookie Oven (For Sublimation Mugs)
    New Hermes Vangaurd 3000 Rotary Engraver
    New Hermes IS400 Rotary Engraver

Have X16 (32 bit) works great.

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Blog Entries
    Many thanks Bob! I am on the road and doing little on my Iphone, but look forward to trying it when I get home later this week! Many many thanks!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Thanks, Bob. I can't wait to try this macro out when I get home tonight!