Thread: Shower Suction Cups.....Preferred!

Shower Suction Cups.....Preferred!

I need help in several ways but with the shower/tub most of all.

My daughter wants to use one of those shampoo holder things that hold onto the wall with suction cups.

I have tried everything I can read...cleaning the ceramic tile with alcohol, using Vaseline, soap, nothing and still will not hold on for more than a couple hours.

It is amazing but I have suction cups on Windows outside and they hold bird feeder forever with no problem.

Please let me know what has worked for you.

Thanks

We had to use multiple suction cups for our shower caddy in the master bathroom. It has white ceramic tile on 2 walls and glass & glass door on the other 2 sides. (There are no ledges to set anything down on.) We tried the caddy in the guest bathroom on the fiberglass stall and it worked great with using only the one suction cup it came with. For the tile in the master bath, we ended up using additional suction cups we found at the dollar store. They came with J hooks attached to them and have one on each side of the caddy to keep it centered. Once we put them up, they are good until we take them off to clean the shower stall.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Blog Entries
    I have a fiber glass shower so I went above the sides of the shower, found a stud, and put a coat hook on the wall. I used the suction cups on the bottom of the shower caddy to keep it from moving. Works for me.....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

I have never found any that would hold for more than a few days.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney