Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shipped! - Confirmation on my G0766

Shipped! - Confirmation on my G0766

Just got a call from the Asst. Mgr. from the Grizzly Distribution center in Springfield, Mo. The lathes passed the quality inspection process with flying colors, and now they have confirmed my payment and my lathe ships on Monday!!! [ breaking out in song.....Oh Happy day......oh happy day! ]

Will be getting an email with tracking number and such, and now I can get serious about rearranging the shop to get it inside and set up!

Emails should start going out by Monday 6/1 for those who are scheduled in the first shipment!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I appreciate your excitement but yet another thread on this single product? What about everyone already following other threads you started on the G0766?

News on the G0766!

G0766 ... they're on their way!!!

G0766 22 X 42 lathe - Ordered!

Purchase Parts - G0766

New model- G0766 [Upgrade possible!]

Stack the deck! -G0766 bed extension???

Plus threads started by other members. It would be much easier for those interested to follow one large thread than find out later there was another thread or three that had been going on with more information that they didn't know about. As said above I appreciate the enthusiasm and value proposition this product promises, but the level of navel-gazing around it has been pretty humorous to watch. Every time a bit of lint is found seems to be occasion for a new thread! I'm looking forward to the feedback when this lathe finally lands in Creeker's shops, but hoping there won't be a new thread for each component.

You obviously did not follow the G1023/G0690 threads in 2010. This is childs play. The G1023 never shipped until August. There are a lot of people waiting with excitement upon the arrival of this lathe. If you are not interested then don't open them. I enjoy the threads. There are far more haters in these threads then were in the G1023 threads. I find them entertaining because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Ladendorf View Post
    I appreciate your excitement but yet another thread on this single product? What about everyone already following other threads you started on the G0766?

News on the G0766!

Purchase Parts - G0766

Plus threads started by other members. It would be much easier for those interested to follow one large thread than find out later there was another thread or three that had been going on with more information that they didn't know about. As said above I appreciate the enthusiasm and value proposition this product promises, but the level of navel-gazing around it has been pretty humorous to watch. Every time a bit of lint is found seems to be occasion for a new thread! I'm looking forward to the feedback when this lathe finally lands in Creeker's shops, but hoping there won't be a new thread for each component.
    I guess there are those who think that reading through many pages of one thread is preferable to a new thread........not sure everyone feels the same way. Thought this one would be fairly short and simple with some info given for those who are waiting for the G0766 and those who have an interest.

Those doing searches on the internet in order to find reliable information about this unit would probably get pretty discouraged having to have all the comments in one thread that would make it so long that it becomes really tedious to read.

Now, that being said, I do think the next threads with actual pics and reviews will be THE one to watch and will become lengthy, but should not contain all the speculation and comments regarding frustration with the delays and all........of course, that remains to be seen, but we can all certainly be hopeful and try to restrain ourselves to the actual experiences with set up and performance as we use the lathe............stay tuned!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I agree, if you don't wanna read another grizzly G0766 thread, skip passed it! Its really pretty simple!

That said, I got an alert from my bank at 12:20 today that Grizzly had billed my account!! Woo Hoo!!! No shipping confirmation yet but the fact that I have been billed tells me its coming and Ill be turning on a new lathe next weekend!!

News on the G0766!

Purchase Parts - G0766

WOW!!!
    I see no problem with new threads concerning the GO766, they may be about the same lathe but all are somewhat different in nature.
    This is the "turners forum" after all. I doubt that i'll ever own one of these lathes as I am very satisfied with the lathe I own but i'm always interested in any new woodworking product that comes out.
    If you don't like threads about the new lathe you can always just skip over them and look for something that is more to your liking.
    Congrats Roger, looking forward to you "starting a new thread" when your lathe arrives.

Had to call them of course, but they are shipping out Monday it seams for real this time.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

Quote Originally Posted by daryl moses View Post
    WOW!!!
    I see no problem with new threads concerning the GO766, they may be about the same lathe but all are somewhat different in nature.
    This is the "turners forum" after all. I doubt that i'll ever own one of these lathes as I am very satisfied with the lathe I own but i'm always interested in any new woodworking product that comes out.
    If you don't like threads about the new lathe you can always just skip over them and look for something that is more to your liking.
    Congrats Roger, looking forward to you "starting a new thread" when your lathe arrives.
    Amen. I totally have enjoyed the G0766 adventure and am looking forward to all the upcoming comments/and threads!

Add me to the list that likes to open and read them all.

There will finally be real facts and assessments based on actual machines.

There are several ways to follow a thread. Not everyone sets their preferences to list new comments first because they like to see the context. If you use hybrid (I do ) it is very cumbersome to find new comments that are buried deep. I greatly prefer the new threads.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Quote Originally Posted by carl mesaros View Post
    amen. I totally have enjoyed the g0766 adventure and am looking forward to all the upcoming comments/and threads!
    +1!!!!! Me too!

Count me in as one more that likes the various threads. Since I have been around I don't think I have seen this much interest in a new product, could be as I don't check daily. The price point this machine is starting at added a large amount of interest in my opinion. Will be very interesting to see comments start rolling in. Grizzly should consider a donation to the creek for all the free advertising.

News on the G0766!

Purchase Parts - G0766

I have been keeping up with the threads for this lathe and much prefer them split up as they have been doing . Just keep G0766 in the title each time and they will be easy to search for , hate it when threads get overly long. Can't wait to see the reviews start to flow in !
    I know the voices in my head aren't real but boy do they come up with some good ideas !
    People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet

Keep them coming Roger, better than TV!!
    Member Illiana Woodturners