Thread: A 45 scattered all over the table

A 45 scattered all over the table

I was just about garage saled out but my car turns into these things on it's own now. I found a tool chest (in another thread) and went to get money. When I came back they were throwing a bunch of tools on the table. When they were done I began looking over the table at one end and soon found a #45 plane body. At $10 I wasn't interested but I soon noticed one of the fences and by the time I got to the other end had pieced together the whole thing minus one long rod, complete with a box of cutters. The cutters were high I thought at $20, I assume because they were able to find them on eBay.

45 Plane garage sale find.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Moses,

Great job!

Stew

Blog Entries
    The cutters were high I thought at $20, I assume because they were able to find them on eBay.
    They wouldn't have sold them at this price if they had been looking at eBay for pricing.

Good find.

You could likely list it on eBay for better than double what you paid.

Not sure, but it looks like a type 10. Not much difference between type 9 & 10.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It's interesting that they were selling it piece meal. Did they not realize it all went together?

Moses,
    You did very well on this one, even the cutter price is very good, and by the way you suck!
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stutz View Post
    It's interesting that they were selling it piece meal. Did they not realize it all went together?
    Often times they do not have a clue. Often if you tell them, they will want more.

That is one of the things that worries me about my accumulation of tools. Some day either my heirs will either use them or sell them. If things are not together in a box, they might not know what goes with what.

If they dump the boxes out to see what is in them, they will likely lose a bunch of things that should be kept together.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)