Has anybody here made their own engineered hardwood floor? I am an experienced cabinetmaker who gave up on cabinetmaking when the economy tanked and went into trucking. Years later I am back rebuilding a mold damaged house from frame up. I'm making all of the cabinets and trim out of knotty alder. I keep looking outside at a maple tree that was cut down 1 1/2 - 2 years ago by a septic system company and just left there. Its 30" to 36" in diameter and approximately 12' in length. I've taken a few smaller pieces across my saw and made 1/2" thick slabs from it. Its quite solid and the grain looks like something that would go well with the cabinets. There is a local sawmill that can cut it up how I want. My plan would be to glue 1/4" thick planks to 1/2" Baltic birch ply. Other than moisture content what problem can I expect to find. Some are going to say just buy it but time is not an issue.....labor is not an issue..... There is something about doing it yourself that is lacking in most houses today. Quality not quantity......