Thread: Fein Turbo II - Power switch repair?

Fein Turbo II - Power switch repair?

I have a 7-year-old Fein Turbo II vacuum/dust extractor -- Model 9-20-25, "Dustex 40." The power switch has three settings -- "off," "auto" (which starts the vacuum when a power tool is plugged in and you turn on the tool) and plain old "on". When there's a router plugged in and you start the tool, the vacuum comes on. But when I flip the switch from the off position to the on position, it may take 2 or 3 or 6 tries to get the vacuum to start. I can't figure out how to get the top cover off to see what's going on. It's possible that it's just got some crud on the contacts. I unscrewed the socket where you plug in an external tool, pulled the socket out as far as it would go -- maybe 1/2" -- and blew some compressed air in, and that seems to have helped a bit, but it's still not starting reliably.

There are parts diagrams on the internet, but even after I unscrew everything in sight, the switch and the motor are still inaccessible. It's like the top cover is glued on, not screwed on. Anyone have experience successfully taking one of these things apart?
    Last edited by Mike Sandman; 05-11-2015 at 8:25 PM.

HI Mike

I have a Turbo II that's older than yours. As I recall (it's been a while) the screws are in deep recesses accessible from the bottom of the motor assembly. I had my top apart to add a basket to the top. Mine has several pieces of foam presumably for noise abatement. If yours has the same, be sure to note how they're arranged as you take it apart.

Thanks - I did unscrew the deeply recessed screws, but perhaps I didn't try hard enough to yank the top off. Will try again. And thanks for the comment about the foam - mine has the same thing.

Why not ask Fein? I'm sure they would be of help.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night