Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: G0766 ... they're on their way!!!

I haven't called Grizzly CS at all. I'm just waiting to get the email to say it's shipped to me. It's just one of those deals where it comes when it comes and there's nothing that can be done. I like many of you already have the area cleared and ready to put the new lathe in it's place. It's coming soon and I'm very excited.

Red
    RED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey J Smith View Post
    From the very beginning, Grizzley has consistently said that this is an introductory price.
    I had asked the CS rep about the "introductory" term, and from her looking in the system, this is not an introductory offer. This doesn't mean that the price could go up though, but from the sales side, they are not seeing it marked as introductory.

I personally think it will definitely go up in 2016, as too many of their lathes would have to be re-priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post
    I spoke with a CSR from Grizzly a couple days ago about another issue and she checked on the lathe order while I had her. Said I was number 15 and that 25 lathes were on the first shipment. She did say though, that from what she could tell, it would be around the 28th before any shipped. Who really knows.
    Now this is from vague memory, but I thought someone posted that there were a lot more lathes coming from China than 25. Perhaps this 25 number are the ones going to a particular distribution center from all that are being sent over. I do think there will be staggered shipments coming from Shandong because once the manufacturing actually gets underway the rate at which they come off the line will increase.

For some reason, I think someone mentioned a shipment about two or three weeks out from the first shipment......again this is just some recollection from something that was posted in one of the other threads on this unit............I may have it wrong here, so I am not saying I know what will happen, but that for some reason was the impression I got.

I do not think they have room to get them all on the first container out of Shandong.......but there could be more than one container that has this model shipping over in it........likely along with some other machines that Grizzly has on order.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

4. Just got off the phone with Grizzly CS.........the May 15th delivery date is holding true for the first shipment into the Missouri Distribution center. They have to be inspected and that will take a couple of days. Shipping to the customer should come on 5/19, and take 3-5 days depending on where customers who ordered are located.

I was told there are 23 G0766 units on this shipment, which will go to the first people who ordered and there are 59 on back order, and the next shipment is supposed to arrive on July 17th.

I was passed to two different CS reps, as the first one was a bit confused on things, and the second one was more helpful and had to put me on hold and get the specifics for my order and be able to answer my questions, which included asking about the information I posted above..........

When I get my unit next week, I will get it uncrated, set up and post some initial impressions and then after doing a couple of larger items [bowls, maybe a hollow form roughout] I will post about specifics of my experience........whether good or bad...........honestly, I expect good results based upon my 5+ years of experience with my G0698 18/47 lathe. But I do want everyone to know, that I do not have blinders on, and because I have turned on a Robust American Beauty, and 9 different PM 3520b's and a few Jet 1642 evs models, that I truly believe I am in a position to make a fair and honest comparison.

Hope this latest info helps everyone understand the logistics of what is happening. I believe Grizzly is doing all they can to get these units in for the folks who have ordered and I personally believe the wait will have been worth it when the new units get in your shops.

Will be looking for a new Avitar from you next week Roger!

I'm about a 2 hour drive from their warehouse-- so hopefully it's delivered before Memorial day and I have a 3 day weekend to set it up and get it running. My fingers are crossed!

Well, I pulled the trigger this morning, and ordered my first real lathe - Grizzly G0766. I missed a CL on a used Oneway yesterday by a few hours for $1500 with all of the accessories in IL ($10k worth of stuff), so I decided to quit hemming and hawing over it. I am not sure when it will ship, as the catalog still shows not available for immediate shipment, but track orders shows it's available. YIKES - gotta get busy and get wiring in the garage asap, and get the mess cleared out. I am very excited and really look forward to turning whenever I want to, instead of waiting for our monthly Turn & Learns. Wish me luck. Thanks Roger for the inspiration and motivation.
    Last edited by Steve Schlumpf; 05-16-2015 at 8:50 AM. Reason: removed want ad

I think you will be happy when it finally ships. I'm waiting to hear if I'll be on the first wave of deliveries when they do arrive at Grizzly hopefully today.

Red
    RED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Greenbaum View Post
    Well, I pulled the trigger this morning, and ordered my first real lathe - Grizzly G0766. I missed a CL on a used Oneway yesterday by a few hours for $1500 with all of the accessories in IL ($10k worth of stuff), so I decided to quit hemming and hawing over it. I am not sure when it will ship, as the catalog still shows not available for immediate shipment, but track orders shows it's available. YIKES - gotta get busy and get wiring in the garage asap, and get the mess cleared out. I am very excited and really look forward to turning whenever I want to, instead of waiting for our monthly Turn & Learns. Wish me luck, and let me know if anyone has captivated hollowing system to liquidate, or larger chuck. Thanks Roger for the inspiration and motivation.
    Congrats Mark! Wow.........your first lathe.......in the big leagues! Wish I had been able to do that myself.......it would have saved me lots of $$$!!! Of course, this model was not available until now, and at this price what an opportunity!

I just received an email from Grizzly stating all of the current shipment has been allocated. My unit should arrive about July 10, 2015, and ship thereafter. Based on that I will hold off on wiring the garage, as our house is for sale, and not sure when or if it will sell, or where we'll go if it does. Limbo - how low can you go. As for the chuck, I only have the Nova G3, and that's fine for smaller stuff, but if anyone can recommend a decent larger chuck, let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Congrats Mark! Wow.........your first lathe.......in the big leagues! Wish I had been able to do that myself.......it would have saved me lots of $$$!!! Of course, this model was not available until now, and at this price what an opportunity!
    Last edited by Steve Schlumpf; 05-16-2015 at 8:55 AM. Reason: removed want ad

Well, I just called Grizzly and I'm guessing my lathe must not have been in the first container to their Missouri warehouse. The estimated arrival to their warehouse for my lathe is supposedly May 25th now. Dang!

I have been told June 24 for some time now and I ordered pretty early. Oh well, I have plenty of other things to work on.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Schrum View Post
    Well, I just called Grizzly and I'm guessing my lathe must not have been in the first container to their Missouri warehouse. The estimated arrival to their warehouse for my lathe is supposedly May 25th now. Dang!
    Matt.......that is only 3 days from the original May 22nd date. If yours is May 25th.....that is only 10 days from now.....I would settle for that knowing that this new model is in high demand!

I know Roger, but a week or so ago they were still saying the 15th, so I was hoping I'd get it here before the three day weekend. Not a big deal at the end of the day, but it would have been nice. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it set up and running!

I'm looking forward to your new Grizzly review, Roger. Thanks.