Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need help with a 3phase motor starter that can be controlled remotely.

^ Since you work a lot with Cocobolo & other "nasty" exotics, I'd say it was money well spent.

Steve did you get a relief valve and a solberg filter can/filter for that regen blower vac pump? Id not run it with piping in both of those.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I bought a fiji relief valve one rated for the cfms both my blowers would generate running at the same time. it is a little high on the " but it is adjustable. my other one I used keeps coming unadjusted. I made the filter box I just could not afford it. I made one out of a shopvac micron filter cartridge.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve knight View Post
    my blower died and got replaced with two a bit smaller so I needed smaller starters. can I get home help on wiring the remote switch? I have a pretty good idea just doing wires to the switches but I want to make sure. there is a led light in there can someone tell me the voltage? I want to run a LED at the switch.
    You need a 240V LED. If you want it at the remote switch you will need at least four wires running to the switch.

Do you want the remote switch to start and stop BOTH motors at the same time? What's the desired overload logic, one motor overloaded shuts down BOTH motors or only the one with the overload?
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

I will control them separately as I don't always need two of them. right now and for the last setup I tested two leads off of the output to a 120v led and it works well so thats not a problem. I think I know how to hook the wires up but I am not positive after it did not work and I spent too much of the today getting the two motors up and running.

Steve knight
    cnc routing