Thread: Delta 12/14 tablesaw base dimensions

Delta 12/14 tablesaw base dimensions

I have a line on a delta 12/14 tablesaw but I do not know how big the base is. If I remove the table will the base go through a standard 36" door? How big is the base rectangle for a mobile base. I know it is a good bit bigger then a unisaw which is roughly 21" square. I asked about two years ago and never got a good answer. maybe 26x38?
    Bill

Bill,

Did you check OWWM.org? I searched their database of manuals and it looks like the base of the 60s version was 26.5” by 30”. It is 34” tall. Keep in mind those dimensions are for a period specific model, and I’m not sure if delta changed the base design through the years. They say the motor extends 4” beyond the base. However, you can always bevel the motor to subtract the 4”.

While I do not own a 12/14, I do own a PM72, which I’m assuming is very similar sized. I can measure my base, but I know it fit through my 33” door.

My 70s version Rockwell 12 had a square base. I can't get to it to measure now but close to 34x34. Dave

I looked at a couple of publications on Vintage Machinery and I think 26 1/2 x 30" is the cabinet size. That's for a late 40s saw and my mid 60s saw looks identical. I don't think they changed the cabinet or plinth during the production run. Yes, you'll want to take the table off. Take the wings off first, and when you remove the table, have a helper or two. It's really heavy.

Picked up my saw today. It is a older one with Delta + Crescent on the nameplate. the base is 26+1/2. by 30 as stated. Without the table top it is 33+1/2". inches high. The handles stick out about seven inches. If you remove the handles the crank stub still sticks out about three inches. It look like it could be unbolted from the plinth which is about 6" high. The old 5hp three phase motor is very heavy, probably 100 pounds or so. I unbolted the motor before two strong guys could push it up a ramp into my pickup truck.
    I was happy that it included the jet lock fence since only the miter gauge was shown in the photo. He also threw in 5-6 blades. All for $275 and 100 miles each way. Only issue is someone managed to rout a groove in the side table and a little into the main table.
    Bil lD
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 04-19-2019 at 11:58 PM.

I forgot to add the motor sticks out on the side another 3-5 inches even after removing the motor side cover. there is a guard bracket sticking around 8" out the back but it is easy to unscrew if the top is off. Not too hard even with the top on.
    Bill D.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 04-21-2019 at 11:49 PM.