Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bed Time - When's Yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    In bed varies - anywhere from 7:00 pm to midnight.
    I get up every day at 4:00am - - regardless of what time I go to bed. A lot of times I wake up before 4:00 am, but, 4:00 am is my designated "drink a cup of coffee" time.

I also have a knack of being able to wake up at whatever time I want.

If I have to wake up at 3:20 AM to catch a flight or something and set the alarm clock for 3:20 am, 9999 times out of 10,000, I'll wake up just before the alarm goes off.

Mom was a morning person and I take after her in a lot of ways. She had the same knack of waking up at whatever time she wanted.
    If I had to go to bed for midnight and wake up for 4am it'd be a designated drink 30 cups of coffee time, and I don't drink coffee.

Blog Entries
    I go to bed between 11PM and midnight. I get up between 6 & 6:30. I like the quiet mornings. The rest of the family goes to bed later and gets up much later.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I'm 66 and still work part time (3 days a week). I go to bed at 11PM and am usually asleep within 1-2 minutes. I get up most days at 6AM though on weekends I'll often laze in bed until 6:30 or 7. I haven't used an alarm clock in over 20 years.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

A few months shy of 62, in bed 10 to 10:30 usually, up at 5:15 M-F and Sunday (early church, Praise Band practice is at 7) but Saturday we usually stay in bed until 6 or a little after. I occasionally take a true power nap, 10-15 minutes, if I'm home for lunch.
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

I'm in my 30's, in bed around 8 (unless the Hawks are playing...) up when the dog gets hungry, around 4:30. Gotta beat the Chicago traffic!

I am bipolar so keeping an exact wake up time is critical, as is a regular bed time. I have been going to bed around 8:30, the alarm rings at 3:40 and a 9 minute snooze is hit twice, roll out of bed at 3:58 am EDT. I have always been a morning person. Tomorrow morning I will start work at 5:30, work 4 hours, and be home before most people are getting out of bed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

My sleep varies by how hard a day I have had. Yesterday was windy and cold, and I felt poorly last night. Think I hit the sack by 8:30. Woke up at 2am coughing. Went back to sleep about 4:30, and woke up about 7 am. Have trouble sleeping through the night. age 63.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Being elderly in the 50's...
    So today in 2015, you're like 130 or so?

Dang! My advice is don't ever go to sleep. You might not wake up.

And if you don't already have one, you definitely want a SawStop.

I'm 57. Tempis fugit.

I turn in about 7-7:30

I have sleep apnea. It is being treated, and I have lost a bunch of weight on account of a knee issue.

I love my breathing machine. Love it.

But, I always been a morning person. I routinely am up around 4AM on shop days (Saturday); 5:30 during the week. Slumbers Sunday afternoon.

I can do anything between 5 and 9. After noon, imagine a graph with the line going down (can you do that on SketchUp, Dave R?)

I have a sleep mask for summer to block the light.

There is just nothing that interests me enough to sit up and pay attention. Not sure what my problem is--I can imagine my wife could chime in here.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Down 9-9:30
    Up 5-6

Love my quiet mornings before my wife gets up.....