Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Router Lift Suggestions

Like many here, I use the Incra with the magnetic inserts. Works like a dream.

Hello
    I have the Benchdog cast iron router table and lift with the PC 3.25hp router in a custom cabinet, originally had it as wing of a contractor table saw.. I really like the setup, one nice benefit of a cast iron top is that it damps vibration very nicely. I believe that they are unique to themselves, i havent seen any other like it on the market.

Jim

I have the Benchdog ProLift with a PC 7518. Been using the ProLift for 7-8 years now and it has always worked flawlessly. Heavy duty and sturdily built.

Quote Originally Posted by ed vitanovec View Post
    Take a look at Woodtek Deluxe Router Lift sold thru Woodworks Supply, it is identical to the Excalibur lift. They will have more in stock soon.

http://woodworker.com/fullpres.asp?partnum=165-545
    Ed, do you have the Woodtek lift? I keep coming back to it or the Excalibur, but want to get someone's thoughts that has used either.

Thanks

I bought the General Excalibur cast iron router table and lift last year. I hesitated at the price, but turns out to be one of the best additions to my shop. It is rock solid, smooth as silk, easy to adjust, great dust collection, and the lift mechanism is a pleasure. Easy and quick to raise/lower, and holds its setting with no problem. I'm running a Milwaukee 5625-20 router in it. I actually enjoy making moldings on it. Highly recommend it. I see Woodtek has recently come out with one that looks like an exact clone of the General, other than the colors. About the same price, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Rosenberg View Post
    I bought the General Excalibur cast iron router table and lift last year. I hesitated at the price, but turns out to be one of the best additions to my shop. It is rock solid, smooth as silk, easy to adjust, great dust collection, and the lift mechanism is a pleasure. Easy and quick to raise/lower, and holds its setting with no problem. I'm running a Milwaukee 5625-20 router in it. I actually enjoy making moldings on it. Highly recommend it. I see Woodtek has recently come out with one that looks like an exact clone of the General, other than the colors. About the same price, too.
    Thanks Len. Have you had any issues with the chain system getting clogged up with saw dust / shavings, etc.? That was my only concern, and the price of course. I have been looking at the Incra that, as mentioned in an earlier post, Rockler has on sale for $299. The Incra comes with the insert plates, but the Woodtek does not, so you pay $45 for the set.

Mark, no issues of any kind. The dust collection has intakes on the top and bottom of the saw, the result is a nearly dustless routing experience. I make sure to use an insert that is close in diameter to the bit, and move the left and right fence sections very close to the bit. After a recent project I opened the door on the under table enclosure, and there was hardly any saw dust inside.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blatter View Post
    Ed, do you have the Woodtek lift? I keep coming back to it or the Excalibur, but want to get someone's thoughts that has used either.

Thanks
    I do not have the Woodtek yet, it is on my list and they are now in stock. I have used the Excalibur and its very nice in fit form and function. I maybe have time this weekend to go to a Woodworkers supply store in Albq. NM and get one.

After much debate, I pulled the trigger on the Incra from Rockler for $299, plus free shipping. I thought about getting the Woodtek, and even talked to Woodworker Supply about it to see if they would be more competitive on the price. They were not willing to do anything, and I could not justify spending $90 more for it, after paying for the inserts as well. I am sure I will be happy with the Incra, but something about the Excalibur / Woodtek seemed like they are just a bit more robust.

10. Are the Excalibur inserts specificlly for the top plate or will other twist and lock inserts also fit ?

it seems to me that the jessem master lift 2 is the best overall lift based on the videos and reviews I've seen. You can count me as one that is defintely in need of this type upgrade. I have had a bench dog router table for 20 years, which is a fine table, but i have gotten to the point that changing bits is a pain in the behind. I think Santa will be bringing me a gift early