I have sent a formal request to Grizzly Industrial to make available a bed extension/tool rest assembly for the new G0766 22 x42 lathe, IF one can be made available from the manufacturer. They have certainly done it for other model lathes they produce!

I feel like there are a number of us who have ordered this lathe,who would like to see this accessory made available to us, so I think it would be good for them to hear from all those who might be interested in getting one sometime for this new lathe.

Here is part of the message I sent to them and asked for decision makers at Grizzly to not discount this as a piece of fluff equipment but an accessory that would mean a lot to us .....

"I would like to send this as a request, and ask Grizzly to carry this extension for the lathe if/when it becomes available from the manufacturer, as it would be a great service to your customers of this model lathe, and would allow us to configure our lathes to be even more versatile for projects we may need to do, and also one of the most important reasons is to be able to stand at the end of the lathe without having to bend at the back..........this saves a lot of turners from aggravating back issues, especially when a long day in the shop or studio is required for us to complete projects.

I would like to impress upon decision makers at Grizzly, that this is not just some fluff piece of equipment, but a highly desirable accessory, and for some turners a very important addition........so please, if it is possible make this available to us for the new G0766!

I very much appreciate if you would endeavor to fulfill this request if it is possible!"

If you have ordered one of these lathes, then perhaps an email to csr@grizzly.com would be in order!