By the way, there was another part of the interview I left off:
[Asa] So tell me Thomas, why did you choose flathead screws over torx, hex, or other options? [Thomas] Well Asa, actually we just did that to piss off the guys on the internet forums and give them something to nitpick. Without that the thing wouldn't get much air time. It's all just a trick to get more people talking about it. [Asa] That's very smart marketing. [Thomas] Yes, actually that's the whole deal behind the plow plane as well. We really don't have a clue when we are going to produce this thing. This one here is actually made with a 3D printer and spraypainted to look like metal. [Asa] Wow, you really had me fooled. It's so heavy. [Thomas] Yes, we put lead in there to make it feel more like real metal. This is yet another internet ploy to get people talking. Any publicity is good publicity. [Asa] So what other things do you do to get people talking? [Thomas] Well these are really industry secrets, but we actually sometimes put stuff on eBay at really high prices. Also we sell stuff on Craigslist. For instance, we had these two limited edition planes with sequential serial numbers.... [Asa] I heard about those! [Thomas] Yep! It worked. Got hundreds of hits on our website after we sold those two, and the internet forums were all buzzing. It really got the brand name out there. [Asa] So, do you read forums like Sawmill Creek? [Thomas] No, that's Rob Lee- my competitor. Good grief Asa, do you really have to keep bringing him up on these interviews? [Asa] Sorry, I get the two mixed up. [Thomas] Oh for crying out loud- he makes funky new tools and I make classic tools. He's a punk rocker and I'm a classical guitarrist. Get it straight. [Asa] I'm so sorry. [Thomas] It's okay, but I'm not giving you a hat.
Ha!!! Just having a little fun- none of that really happened... at least not on tape. The previous transcript in my other post, however, is word for word, except I finally started leaving out the word "um" every time Thomas said it, and a few of the two-word comments where Asa buttinskied while Thomas was talking.