Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you're about to purchase a Veritas product wait until next Thursday

If you're about to purchase a Veritas product wait until next Thursday

VeritasBonusEvent2015.jpg

Purchase over $100 of in-stock Veritas products and receive 15% of your purchase total back in Lee Valley gift cards, redeemable toward your next Lee Valley purchase.
    Offer valid only on in-stock Veritas products purchased between March 26 and 28, 2015

I was thinking about getting one of those new Custom bench planes, this is now the push I needed.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm.... and I just got a bonus check today. Wait- let me rephrase that- ROB LEE just got a bonus check. Let's face it- that's where it ultimately ends up. :-)

Blog Entries
    By the way, how did you find out about this? I am supposed to be on their email notification list, but I did not get any notification, and have not in a while. I just checked my preferences and I am on the list to get sale and woodworking emails.

This would have been handy info two days ago. However I do have an eye on that rip tenon saw...

Spend $100 and get 15% back in gift cards? "Gosh, honey, I have these gifts cards, so I have to order something else." That's diabolical, Rob Lee. Downright diabolical.
    Michael Ray Smith

Saw this in my email, too. I've been eyeing up a number of things to get my tool chest ready. The set of 3 Veritas joinery saws, router plane, saw files, small plow plane. Might be a good excuse to rack up some gift cards. Glad I waited!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    By the way, how did you find out about this?
    Email as per normal. Maybe drop them a message to check the back-end as there may be a hiccup there.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Blog Entries
    Maybe drop them a message to check the back-end as there may be a hiccup there.
    My experience with Lee Valley is their email appears to be staggered. Some people receive them a day or more before everyone finds them in their in box.

Just checked my email and it is there.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 03-19-2015 at 1:18 PM. Reason: checked email
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Well I guess this gives me an excuse to buy something. I've got a gift card from the MIL for my birthday to spend still. The question is, do I want a spokeshave or a Router plane?

Oh SNAP, as they say. Like I REALLY NEED to place another order? Free shipping was like what, a month ago?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I resisted the free shipping. I will resist this as well. I will, I will, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    I resisted the free shipping. I will resist this as well. I will, I will, I will.
    15% gift card earned this time + free shipping (when card used in the next free shipping event) is like what 18% to 20% saving?

Hard to hold the will......just sayin'

Simon

It got my attention too.
    Estimated ~10% savings compared to the free-shipping deal.

Matt

Thanks for that tid-bit of information. It came at a very opportune time.

Blog Entries
    I really want a set of their butt chisels. I need a good 2" chisel but wow- they are not cheap. I might spring for just the 2".