Thread: After 9 hours on hold with Epilog tech support, maybe I should hang up....

After 9 hours on hold with Epilog tech support, maybe I should hang up....

.....but the recording says the next available technician will help me..........somehow, I think they all went home and left me on hold......

So maybe someone on here can help........has anyone ever had this happen:

When I plug the USB cable from my laptop into the laser it says "USB Device Not Recognized"

Think I just need a new USB cord.......or a new motherboard?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

I had the experience of getting that message and finally realized that it was outside their hours. BTW - is there a reason you are not using the (usually more reliable) Ethernet connection instead of USB?
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Originally I used the Ethernet cable, but had problems with it a few years ago and switched to the USB and haven't had any issues until today.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Steve,

Microsoft is telling you it doesn't have a driver to run the laser through the USB......

Fix = down load the USB Driver from your maker and install. You can do this through the Windows Device Manager if it want recognize it automatically. Most the time if you plug in another USB port the system if you have the driver available will walk you through what to do next etc.

Blessings,

Kevin

OK ,These people are not trying to heart you! Back away slowly and don't touch anything!!! Funny...

unplug the cable and reboot the computer and laser - good chance that it will work now.

Blog Entries
    Steve,

Gary is right. But I might add one step that is often assumed.
    When you unplug the USB cable from the computer and shut it down, wait about 15 seconds after it is fully off and turn it back on WITHOUT the device plugged in. Then shut it down normally again. Wait about 15 seconds or so, and fire it back up WITH the Device plugged in. You will have a bit higher success rate with that. And it takes only marginally longer.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Replace cable and try again

regards
    Epilog Legend 24 EX - 75W with Rotary
    Fiber laser Marker 20w ( IPG)
    Flat bed heat press, Mug printing, Epson 230 x 2
    Flame Polishing machine, Acrylic Bender, Nicejet Flatbed printer A3+, Electrochemical etcher.
    "If you think you can or you cannot - you're right" HENRY FORD