Thread: It is possible to extend a Dewalt track saw fence??

It is possible to extend a Dewalt track saw fence??

I'm interested in the Dewalt DSW522 track saw. It's available with a 59" fence, and for $140 more, in a kit with 59" and 105" tracks. But there's also a 46" accessory track for about $70. Since 59 + 49 = 105, I'm wondering whether the Dewalt tracks can be butted together to extend them like the Festool tracks can. The info doesn't seem to be on the Dewalt website or in the downloaded owner's manual. Anyone have any experience extending teh Dewalt track by mating it to another section?

Yes you can extend by using two tracks end-to-end you need the Dewalt connector part number DWS5033

Dewalt sells part# DWS5033 Dewalt Track Saw Track Connector to connect two tracks.

You can buy one here:

Tools Plus

Edit: Mike beat me to it!

Perfect -- thanks!

Great -- that was my next question. ;-)

I do not know if the Festool connectors will fit the Dewalt. the Festool ones fit my Makita and that's what I used. My Festool connectors measure .470 wide x .250 thick x 12.375 long.

Thanks, Ed. I found the Dewalt connector on line and ordered it. From what I have read, the clamps from all three manufacturers are interchangeable, so you're probably right in thinking that the connectors probably are as well.

It's amazing to see the range of prices for both the Dewalt saw and for accessories. I saw prices for the Dewalt saw with a 59" track from $460 to $500, and from $50 to $100 (!) for the Dewalt router slider that fits in the track. And while everyone in the US/Canada that carries Festool seems to quote identical prices, you can save well over $100 by buying a Festool (but with a 220V motor) direct from sellers in Germany - probably a temporary phenomenon due to the current strength of the strong US dollar.