Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Table saw decision

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Camire View Post
    Well I took the plunge. I bought a Sawstop PCS 36" fence yesterday. I'll get it when the snow clears some and I can put the pallet forks on the tractor.
    Excellent decision! Enjoy your new saw.

As long as one can afford it is a no brainer. I was also planning to upgrade from a USA made Unisaw to a SawStop but ended up with a Minimax combo machine instead. If SawStop came out with a similar machine or Minimax adopted the SawStop technology, I would absolutely upgrade as the value of having a safety feature to keep my fingers/hand safe in the event of an accident is multiples of the cost of a SawStop. Of course everyone has a different perception of value so I am not arguing against anyone who is completely happy with other options.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the new Sawstop Izzy,

Please post some pictures of it when you can.

PHM

Thanks Paul when I get it setup I'll post some pics. They said 3 weeks for it to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    You won't need the pallet forks. Cut the box open, remove everything except for the saw itself, and three average fellows can easily get it down from a pickup truck bed. Three stout fellows can probably do it without removing anything from the box first.
    No need for three fellows, just slide it down a ladder and you're ready to go. I had Woodcraft forklift it into my truck bed and then moved the saw pallet myself. It's less than 300# with the fence packaged separately.