Thread: Router table extension for delta 36-725

Router table extension for delta 36-725

Hello this is my first post. I'm new to woodworking and recently upgraded to the delta 36-725 from a crappy bench top table saw. I'm looking to upgrade my bench top router table. I was looking to put an extension wing on my table saw. Does anyone have this combo? Should I get a router table on its own? Can anyone suggest a router table extension for this saw? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I had a router table in my table saw wing. It killed my back. An occasional cut was OK but doing a big project like rails and styles for doors the table height was just too low for my 6'3" frame.

I built a router table that is almost a foot taller than my table saw and it is MUCH nicer to use!

Other than the height I had no complaints about having a router table in my table saw. I made the table myself out of a piece of melamine on top of a piece of plywood.

I'm in the router goes in the LEFT wing group. This way fed direction is same as sawing direction. I can route a profile on edge of piece,and then rip it off without having to walk around TS. Then repeat as needed.

There are a few examples I've seen over on lumberjocks.com...

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/108452
    http://lumberjocks.com/projects/101376

A stand alone router table has more advantages, but if you're short on space, a router table in the wing of a saw is a good space saver. Any standard 27" router wing should be able to fit in your saw. They're also fairly easy to make.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

IMG_0496.JPGFWIW, this is my TS/RT set-up. Torsion box top with p-lam surface serves as the runout for the TS, nice large RT surface and an additional very flat work area. Takes about a minute to remove RT fence. I don't have all that much shop area so multi-function stuff helps.