Thread: 6 year old... future woodworker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He is so proud of anything he makes. He's a joy to work with really. At his age the quicker the results the better. So I try staying with easily completed projects.

I showed him the tools I ordered for him tonight. His eyes lit up when he saw the drill. I'm starting to get scared! lol

I sure do appreciate all you guys input on this. You've had some great tips

An old stump on the back porch might work, too. When the top is full, just turn it over.

As for Coffee Tables and Lawn Tractors, it's never too early to teach him "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I should have waited on telling him about the drill. Ten days is an eternity for a 6 yr old lol Every day after school I hear "Is it here yet Memaw?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Campbell View Post
    I should have waited on telling him about the drill. Ten days is an eternity for a 6 yr old lol Every day after school I hear "Is it here yet Memaw?!?"
    Grandmothers and grandkids have equal self-restraint. You were excited. You wanted him excited. You are. He is. Perfect.

What's the big deal? You have a few days to get all the details sorted out so that when the drill arrives, you are ready for the next project...........cause he is gonna want to go to town the second that package opens up........

When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.