Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoro Tools

Zoro Tools

has anyone bought tools from zoro Tools, zoro.com for instance they have the four pc. Stanley sweetheart chisels for $97 and change
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I bought some Starrett squares from Zoro. Best prices I found on them, plus Zoro often offers 10-20% off sales above a certain amount. Arrived very quickly and had no problems. Zoro may run fewer sales than they used to, or they just stopped sending as many emails. I used to get them almost weekly, it seemed. Their website is a little tough to navigate if you don't know just what you want, but is not as bad as some.

ZoroTools.com is part of W.W. Grainger, a huge industrial supplier.

Their website is a mess and seems to be categorized and divided by someone that doesn't understand the products they are selling. For example most of the Durham Steel Drawer Hardware cabinets are in one group and just one size is in another all by itself.

Their pricing is all over the place. It varies from very good to silly expensive so be sure what you are looking for and the actual price. They have free shipping over $50, which works out really well on bulky things like Akro Bins that are very bulky for the price.

They are completely legit. Those Durham hardware cabinets are poorly boxed from the manufacturer and get damaged by the idiots at UPS often. I've bought over 100 of them, 1-20 at a time, and probably $2,000 worth arrived damaged. If you buy 10 Durham cabinets, you can count on 1-2 being damaged. They have always been easy to return, even coming with a return label inside the package. Replacement and credit was painless.
    Last edited by Greg R Bradley; 02-25-2015 at 10:22 AM.

+1 to legitimacy. Ordered once and had a good experience.

I bought a tool or 2 from them - I had no problems.

I've ordered a number of small items from them. If you can find what you're looking for on their website (that's the first hurdle), you can generally get it at a pretty good price with incredibly fast delivery.

Ordered several items from them, mostly electrical boxes, etc.... Items have always came quickly, and the prices were competitive. I will purchase from them again (wow, this sounds like ebay feedback.....) ;-)

I've been tempted several times but when shipping and tax are added their prices are not as attractive.

I've ordered 2 or three times and very happy with their service. They have a really nice Thread Measuring gage.

Like Marty said, "If you can find what you're looking for on their website".

Another satisfied customer of Zoro...bought a buncha plumbing stuff from them. Website leaves much to be desired so be patient looking for stuff but the deals are usually worth it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks to all that replied I ordered the chisels, see how that goes no shipping charges and no tax They don't collect in the state of Ks. Again thanks
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

The guys over at GarageJournal use 'em a fair bit. Hartville has the 8pc set of Sweethearts with leather roll for <$190.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    I've been tempted several times but when shipping and tax are added their prices are not as attractive.
    Sales tax is one of the nice things about the IN side of the border (property tax is another, at least for me!!!). Shipping free at $50 helps. And...Zoro, Essentra and McMaster-Carr all are close enough that ground shipping is normally next day for me. Agreed on finding what you want on Zoro's site, and spot on with the pricing being great on some items, not so great on others. Another company i've used that ships out of the Chicago area (and other locations as well) is U-Line--at least for 1/4" pegboard pegs--especially compared to big box.

earl

At work we ordered from them two or three times a week. Little to no problem that I can recall.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I ordered a Bosch 10" axial gluide from them Dec 1st last year. I was bo. Got it the first week of January paid $530 no shipping and no tax. I am very happy with them. I caught them with 30% off everything they sell. Got a 20% off everything notice a week or so ago.

Jack