Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kreg Klamp Table / Klamp Table Top

Kreg Klamp Table / Klamp Table Top

Anyone have the Kreg Klamp Table or the Klamp Table Top? Anyone make a similar set up using the Kreg Klamp Tracks and klamps?

If so what is your opinion of this jig, is it worth the expense? I am not a professional cabinet shop and do not build lots of cabinets so it would be kind of luxury for me.

Thanks
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

It is really nice for joining face frames together. Their laminate covered mdf is really heavy duty and it is edge banded and they bolt that Ttrack down with about 50 bolts. Typical kreg quality. How do you join face frames now? There is a jig kit sold by some vendor (maybe rockler or peachtree) with just the track and the spacers and a couple clamps.

I mounted a couple on the back of my JLT clamp rack. Its actually in the same plane as my foreman too so it acts like support when I am drilling pocket holes. Sorry for picture size.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have the table top. Have literally never used it once in more than a year, though I might in the near future. I also have a couple of their bench clamps on plates on my main table, and I use those regularly. The table top is rather small I think.

I have the clamp table on the Kreg leg set with Woodcraft 3 1/2" hd casters under it. Use it regularly and would not part with it. I also built a couple of large drawers and mounted them under the clamp table.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lemley View Post
    I have the clamp table on the Kreg leg set with Woodcraft 3 1/2" hd casters under it. Use it regularly and would not part with it. I also built a couple of large drawers and mounted them under the clamp table. Jack
    Jack, do you have pic of the table with the drawers?

Thanks
    George

No, but I can get one this afternoon. I will post it here.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lemley View Post
    No, but I can get one this afternoon. I will post it here.

Jack
    Thanks Jack. i will watch for it.
    George

I built an assembly table using a harbor freight motorcycle lift, put a plywood top on it, and used extrusions bought on ebay for T tracks. The T tracks measure 3/4 thick x 1 1/2 wide, and I used them on the right and lower edges of the table. Double top with lower edge out 1 1/2" to make the track flush with the top. I have a couple of the Kreg plates I plan to put in the center, when I figure out exactly where to mount them. My top is about 3'x7'. Multi use table.

I have been looking at this system from http://www.generaltools.com/8562--Pr...X2_p_2792.html for a little while. I have the k5 and several of the Kreg clamps and one Rockler clamp. I use it all the time for other things and face frames when I need one. Dan
    Last edited by Dan Rude; 03-01-2015 at 5:54 PM. Reason: sp

That looks like a nice system Dan. I have the K3 and am happy with it. I use it for face frames and web frames and recently built a vanity attaching the sides to the bottom as well as building the face frame.
    George

George,

Here's a pic. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jack

IMG_001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Thanks Jack. i will watch for it.

That looks awesome Jack. I am guessing you just built a box to fit between the legs and dropped it in from the top or did you have to install the box as the legs were assembled.

I want one of these bad but am having trouble convincing myself I really need it. I built a shop full of cabinets without one along with a closet organizer and a vanity. I have two more small closet organizers and one large closet organizer to built yet and who knows what else.

The fact the top is completely clear you can build a face frame of almost unlimited size.

Thanks for the pic.
    George

Here are some photos of mine. I used 3/4" plywood base, two of the Kreg rails, and Woodpeckers X-mat for the field. I clamp it to my workmate when I used it. It gives me a lot of versatility.

Docphoto 1.jpgphoto(1).jpg
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Would love to have a Kreg clamp top but I'm space constrained. If I could marry it to my TS as an outfeed, then I might be able to swing it. Someone on the Creek build a lot of the functionality of one of those tables into their bench top. But I just can't bring myself to cutting into the top of the bench that took so darn long to build...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Could someone who has the Klamp Trak measure the width of it please? I know it is ~3/4" thick and comes in 33 3/4" lengths

Thanks
    George