Thread: plasma cutter

plasma cutter

looking for a good plasma cutter that has good tech support - bought an Eastwood versa-cut plasma and it was DOA out of the box, called tech support, should've blown my brains out instead

I used a couple of thermal Dynamics plasma cutters for a long time with zero problems..I mean a lot,3-4 hours solid cutting a day every day on some big projects..good machines..There is also miller and hypetherm but I can personally attest to the thermal dynamics machines..I have used a bunch of Millers other machines and can say nothing but good about those too..

I have had good luck with the Hypetherm at the schools I taught at
    probitix cnc Corel x3, Vcarve pro6.0, Aspire4.0

I would vote for HyperTherm had one loved it and in a fit of stupid sold it. Purchased an Eastwood used it, and in a fit of common sense, sold it. Could not get it to start or hold an arc on rusted metal.

Longevity 40D, purchased on sale. Chinese like the Eastwood but light years ahead. Use it from time to time. Very sensitive to proper air pressure adjustment and the factory nozzles are marginal, George something on eBay sells much better consumables.
    Last edited by Bill George; 02-28-2015 at 11:06 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10