Thread: Silas Kopf Book

Silas Kopf Book

Hello all,

Among the very best of woodworking books in my opinion is Silas Kopf's "A Marquetry Odyssey". Includes historical account of the craft, biography and marquetry how-to.

His work is simply incredible, he is first an artist and then a woodworker/craftsman IMHO. I had seen the book a couple years ago (i ordered it through inter-library loan) and finally just got a personal copy because (FYI) several book sellers are selling for ~$20 shipped through amazon.

If you haven't seen his work before, i'd recommend goggling him for some humbling inspiration if nothing else.

Cheers,
    Chris C.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

His specialty is marquetry. He has an assistant who does the actual building of the furniture. I know him well. His studio is less than a mile away from my house.
    www.silaskopf.com
    Last edited by Rick Lizek; 02-19-2015 at 4:05 PM.

I have his book and I agree it's a real inspiration. I like the humor in his work (example: the rabbits chasing the fox).

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Something I really like about that guy, can't quite figure it out though ��
    There are two kinds of people in this world, those who say there are two kinds of people and those who don't