Thread: Sign help suggestion

Sign help suggestion

I want to male a sign that just says 'workshops' to wall mount above some posters in our shop that will draw people's attention to some art workshops we are running.

i was thinking of welding the letters together and maybe doing some edge lighting to make it look fancy but not sure how well that would work.

i would he like something fancy but, as I am new to this sign making game, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas that would look good. It can be acrylic or mdf and max size of 730mm long (bed size of my speedy 300).

Any help is much appreciated and I am going to google search when I get into work for some ideas as well.
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

You could cut the letters out of a rectangle of 1/4" black acrylic, with wider than normal spacing, and remove them. Then do a 1/4" outline of the letters in Corel (contour), delete the original lines, cut the letters again using 1/4" frosted clear. Mount the clear letters on top of the black sheet, and then add colored lighting behind it so the letters light up.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

How bout a 1 piece sign consisting of 2 ovals at an off set with {workshops) cut out in each oval.
    BUT CUT OUT SO ITS ALL ONE PIECEWORKSHOPS.jpg
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 02-18-2015 at 8:08 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

thanks for the suggestions - I will try them both out
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7