Thread: T-I-M-B-E-R (You-Tube of Falling Redwood)

T-I-M-B-E-R (You-Tube of Falling Redwood)

Thought some of you would enjoy watching the falling of a Big Redwood Tree...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdgMcbNwZ3o

Those chainsaws are longer than my truck.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I don't cut down redwoods, but I do a fair bit of slab milling with my chainsaw. I always love firing up my big saw with the big bar on it:
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Kinda makes me sick, cutting down a tree that's the better part of a thousand years old.

If the tree was missing it's top as stated - then it's better to take it, then let it go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    If the tree was missing it's top as stated - then it's better to take it, then let it go to waste.
    Yeah, that's vague. If there's no branches on the tree at all, they may as well harvest it. However, redwoods do often lose the tippy top of the tree, and the tree goes right on living. A bud that might have grown up into a branch turns into trunk.

maybe you didn't notice - but your hobby (or business) requires the continuous cutting down of trees.

maybe knitting is better suited for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    maybe you didn't notice - but your hobby (or business) requires the continuous cutting down of trees.

maybe knitting is better suited for you.

There's a difference between a thousand-year-old tree and a hundred-year-old tree. There are lots of hundred-year-old trees, and a harvested one can be replaced in a reasonable amount of time. Thousand-year-old trees? There's darn few of them left, and the way things are going a harvested one will likely never be replaced.