Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by mike holden View Post
    Larry, I sold it to buy my wife engagement and wedding rings.
    Went to a buyer in Japan back in 1992. The paint job and a hermes stage III engine were the selling points.
    I miss the car, but have no regrets - I definitely came out ahead with my wife! (grin)
    Mike
    I sold a Saleen Mustang convertible to pay for our wedding. Gave her a choice of two weeks in Hawaii or a wedding with all the trimmings. She chose the wedding. Rented a whole municipal park on Crooked Lake, all the cabins, all the camp sites and the hall. Had it all to ourselves. Only invited people that had been to our house. no wedding cake, but 10 different kinds of pie. Great Jazz band. Lots of LaBatts. Best wedding ever!

Still miss that Mustang once in a while though.......

I believe Larry's picture is a Volvo 122S Station Wagon...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I sold a Saleen Mustang convertible to pay for our wedding.

Still miss that Mustang once in a while though.......

I have never, never, NEVER heard anything remotely like that story.

How's it feel to be the unchallenged winner of The Most Devoted Groom Ever award?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post

I have never, never, NEVER heard anything remotely like that story.

How's it feel to be the unchallenged winner of The Most Devoted Groom Ever award?
    Hey, Mike sold a Lotus! It was just a car, easy come easy go. My wife on the other hand is my third attempt, and we have been happy for 17 years. Worth a thousand Saleens.

The car is a 1967 Volvo 122S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Yup, Multipla 600. Bought one for my fiancé back in '62. It was a '58, I think.... had a real bad case of 'Prince of Darkness' Lucas electronics. Got it up over 55 MPH one day....steep hill.
    You know why the English drink warm beer???

Lucas refrigerators.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Here's my first car. What is it?

Mike

First-car.jpg
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

1940 ford deluxe flathead?

Quote Originally Posted by ken masoumi View Post
    1940 ford deluxe flathead?
    Not quite that old. 1946 Ford 6 cylinder flathead sedan. I drove that thing all over.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I don't have a partial picture and its too cold to go out in the barn. I do have a new KG Trimming cam on my desk for it.... Its got a big bore kit, oversized valves, 11.5:1, ported with bigger valves and radiused seats, Weber DCOE's, header and a new cam/lifters soon

Nice Volvo Amazon, looks and sounds like you're enjoying it. Some really nice modifications you've done. What year?
    Mac

:Mike,

If that was a '46, maybe someone changed out the front fenders. Looks like '48 fenders, the '46 had the park lites inboard of the headlights. I had one about 10 years ago.

Of course I am old and forgetful.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    :Mike,

If that was a '46, maybe someone changed out the front fenders. Looks like '48 fenders, the '46 had the park lites inboard of the headlights. I had one about 10 years ago.

Of course I am old and forgetful.
    Don't know. I bought it in the '60's and it was titled as a '46. Could have been in an accident and had the front end changed. No way for me to know.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Don't know. I bought it in the '60's and it was titled as a '46. Could have been in an accident and had the front end changed. No way for me to know.

Mike
    It would be fun to drive one of those at my age(61) and feel like a kid again,there's so much character,so much class in these older cars.