Thread: Belt Sander - AEG HBSE 75S - Information to Share

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Belt Sander - AEG HBSE 75S - Information to Share

I tried searching for information about my AEG 3" belt sander, the HBSE 75S. When I ordered it in 1995-1996 it was highly rated in a review by Fine Woodworking. The company changed hands several times since then and manuals and related information are hard to find. At one point the company distributed Milwaukee tools in Europe and each made some duplicate tools (same machine just dressed differently.) It is a variable speed, worm-drive sander with a tough motor.

One weak spot I've found is that if a belt breaks just as it passes over the rear, drive roller, it can jam in a dust cover that is just forward of the roller. I could find no Owner/s Manual or parts breakdown page on the web.

1) I've scanned the owner's manual to an Acrobat document. Is there a place to deposit a copy at Sawmill Creek so that others can access it?

2) I've taken a bunch of digital photos showing where the screws are that need to be removed to get into the inner workings of the motor and worm drive.

I'm putting together an Acrobat file of images and words to remind me how to disassemble this tool. Is there a place for me to make it available to others?

I've included a photo of the motor/worm drive side of the case. Clearly the 20-year-old grease should be cleaned out and replaced. The gear faces appear to be under-lubricated to me. I'd appreciate recommendations for what to use. Clearly this is a worm drive that is not sealed like the one in a worm-drive Skilsaw.

I'd also appreciate comments regarding extending the life of the rubber drive drum. It is starting to crack at one edge. It is unlikely I will find a replacement, or, if I do it will be just as old and prone to cracking and failure.

Thanks,

baumgrenze
    Attached Images Attached Images