Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kapex 10% Discount; Any Buyers??

Kapex 10% Discount; Any Buyers??

Is anyone planning on buying the Kapex when it's on sale this month?

I would if I didn't already have one

I would but I absolutely love my Makita LS0714 little saw and the Bosch 10" does a great job for the larger stuff. Only reason I considered it at all is cutting molding. That doesn't happen all that much despite the last week is the exception. I also can't see cutting aluminum on the Kapex like I do on the Bosch slider.

My entire reply would have been "Hah!", but SMC's software won't allow replies under ten characters.

I can't think of any reason to scrap my 12" Bosch which does everything I want it to do for half the price.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    I can't think of any reason to scrap my 12" Bosch which does everything I want it to do for half the price.
    Scott, some woodworkers abandon reason when pondering tool purchases. Just go to the Neander forum or look in my garage/shop.

I got an amazing deal on a barely used Kapex from a fellow Creeker about a year ago. Before using it, I never would have considered paying full price for one. But now that I've had it for a year I can tell you I would buy a new one in a heartbeat if this one were to die. I know its just a SCMS and other saws can get the job done but man, there's just something about the Kapex. Its an absolute dream to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Krusen View Post
    I got an amazing deal on a barely used Kapex from a fellow Creeker about a year ago. Before using it, I never would have considered paying full price for one. But now that I've had it for a year I can tell you I would buy a new one in a heartbeat if this one were to die. I know its just a SCMS and other saws can get the job done but man, there's just something about the Kapex. Its an absolute dream to use.
    Another Creeker falls victim to the green kool aide
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

The past year has seen me get severely intoxicated by the green kool-aid

Too bad that other manufacturers simply cannot produce a miter saw that is close to what Kapex offers, like excellent dust collection, easy to adjust bevel angle, and superior precision. No real competitor except sander (Mirka), it is the only reason Festool keeps raising the price.

I am.... Just waiting until my mid month pay day.... I got addicted to Festool last year when I bought the track saw and the domino. Now I have a whole wall of them. There was a time when I couldn't see spending that much money for any tools, but now I wont buy any other tools.

I have bosch 12" gcm and really like but if want good dust collection not recommend the bosch.

Blog Entries
    I'm happy with my 10" Hitachi Slider. It's about 7 years old and as a part time hobbyist I don't know that I'll ever wear it out. If it does go though I plan on replacing it with a Kapex.

I don't own anything from Festool. I'm not against it though. The sanders, vacumes, Kapex, Domino, track saws all look like very nice tools to me.

PHM
    Last edited by Paul McGaha; 02-09-2015 at 9:41 AM.

I took a big drink of the Green Kool-Aid today. I have a new Kapex on the way......

No,...

overated / overpriced scms imho ....

I am very pleased with my 2 Bosch 12" glide SCMS ....

jmpo,

B,