Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Approximate weight of snow???

Blog Entries
    Perhaps it was lead paint. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Perhaps it was lead paint. :-)

AND a LONG time ago - since lead has been banned from paint for decades now.
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

I think the error here is a 54 pound gallon can of paint.
    Correct - my bad...54 pounds is the case weight.

Ill give you 54 lbs. for a box (4 gal.) but even that is a stretch
    Weights were always printed on the outsides of the cases.
    After seeing 54 pounds printed on God only knows how many cases of paint over a 20 plus year span of looking at them, I remember that pretty clear.
    Aluminum paint (not roof coating) was the lightest at about 39 pounds a case.
    Latex paints ran between 50 and 56 pounds per case

My bad on the math - 2400 gallons @ roughly 13 pounds per gallon comes out to 31,200 pounds.

Emulsion block filler was the worst. That stuff ran 75 pounds per 5 gal pail. What made that stuff the worst though was were it had to be delivered. It always went to a muddy construction site where you had a 2x10 plank across the mud or to a high rise were the buckets had to be humped up stairs.

AND a LONG time ago - since lead has been banned from paint for decades now
    I'd say it was a while ago...
    I started working there part time in the Summer of 1968..

Not questioning your estimated weight, but that would be about a 160,000 tractor trailer. Is that legal in Ohio?
    I'm not 100% sure of the number of 50# bags were on each skid. I recall they were stacked 5 per layer and packed in the truck two skids high. I also recall the trucks being packed solid all the way from the back to the nose.
    Our store was the distribution point for the metro Cleveland area - which totaled about 8 stores with Akron's two stores and the Lorain store figured in.
    If 80,000 is the max, then my figure would have to be off by two. I probably made a mistake in the number per pallet. (obviously)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon