Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any experience with a New Hermes Vanguard 3400?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan ritterbeck View Post
    Hey kev… my vanguard 3000lt seems to be missing a couple steps any help would be appreciated if you know how to get it back on track…
    You new folks who log in and then find a old Thread and ask a question really would be better off starting a Thread of your own. Easy to do and you need to provide more info.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    You new folks who log in and then find a old Thread and ask a question really would be better off starting a Thread of your own. Easy to do and you need to provide more info.
    Im sorry… just freaking out because one minute it was perfectly fine and next it’s missing steps… i have pics and videos and was looking for someone that can help outside of this fourm since i cant figure out how to attach pictures or videos…

Im sorry… just freaking out because one minute it was perfectly fine and next it’s missing steps… i have pics and videos and was looking for someone that can help outside of this fourm since i cant figure out how to attach pictures or videos…
    I believe this is true, unless you have a paid donation to the forum you can't post pictures. We have so many one timers come on post once and then are gone forever.

If it's missing steps, the likely problem is a weak/worn stepper motor. Also, electrical interference, such as cobbling a Harbor Freight motor onto a machine in a pinch - My V5000's Z stepper sometimes walks up or down, usually down, which isn't good, main reason is I'm using a New Hermes Bodine motor on the thing, and the Bodine and stepper are right against each other. I fixed it the problem by wrapping the motor with some trophy aluminum and fitting a rubber pad between the motors.

My 40 year old C2000 needed new stepper motors about 5 years ago, and the bad ones were Q1E's that were new around 1992 I guess-- anyway, they do wear out and get weak--

Also, check/clean all cable connections...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I just want to add what Kev posted any Stepper motor missing steps could be overloaded, something in the driven gantry or whatever binding up. Best way to check that is when the power is off, remove the belt or whatever its driving and try to move it by hand and then the motor are the bearings loose or binding up? But as Kev said it could be just worn out old motors.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If it's missing steps, the likely problem is a weak/worn stepper motor. Also, electrical interference, such as cobbling a Harbor Freight motor onto a machine in a pinch - My V5000's Z stepper sometimes walks up or down, usually down, which isn't good, main reason is I'm using a New Hermes Bodine motor on the thing, and the Bodine and stepper are right against each other. I fixed it the problem by wrapping the motor with some trophy aluminum and fitting a rubber pad between the motors.

My 40 year old C2000 needed new stepper motors about 5 years ago, and the bad ones were Q1E's that were new around 1992 I guess-- anyway, they do wear out and get weak--

Also, check/clean all cable connections...
    i ended up getting the missing steps figured out somehow but now i have slippage somehwere... i marked my coupler and bearing housing and ran a longer job and when it returned to home postiton each axis was off 1/4".... only thing i didnt mark was the stepper motor because i didnt know the stepper motor case was just a sticker over the leadscrew view... so gonna go home and try that again tonight.... but one other thing worth mentioning is if i turn my machince on and hit the down arrow once its booted up it moves until the 2" mark on my scale then stops while motor still runs... i let off button then hit button again its completely fine but is way out of alignment..... but when i turn it on and move my x axis over 16" to the right and then hit the down arrow it wont stop at the 2" mark

7. hey do you know if the my new hermes ep module will accept Gcode? looking at possibly getting 2L pro software

i ended up getting the missing steps figured out somehow but now i have slippage somehwere... i marked my coupler and bearing housing and ran a longer job and when it returned to home postiton each axis was off 1/4".... only thing i didnt mark was the stepper motor because i didnt know the stepper motor case was just a sticker over the leadscrew view... so gonna go home and try that again tonight.... but one other thing worth mentioning is if i turn my machince on and hit the down arrow once its booted up it moves until the 2" mark on my scale then stops while motor still runs... i let off button then hit button again its completely fine but is way out of alignment..... but when i turn it on and move my x axis over 16" to the right and then hit the down arrow it wont stop at the 2" mark
    You started another Thread and I posted my answer over there???

9. Thanks for the 10-year-old tip! I'll give it a try.

10. Stay away from quality one engraving...serious price gouging and very rude.

Stay away from quality one engraving...serious price gouging and very rude.
    As a customer of Q1 I have to disagree. I have found them to be helpful and their prices within reason. Keep in mind that they inventory parts which are not in high demand and the investment in inventory and warehousing those parts is high.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

12. I disagree..their prices are ridiculous and serious price gouging
    Taking advantage of people.
    U can be a customer thats great but i would never buy from that company.