Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Router Planer Sled

Ted, you build some pretty cool things!
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Walls View Post
    Nice looking set-up Ted ....Thanks for mentioning the Faztek!....Doug
    You are welcome, Dave. There are bunches of this kind of thing out there. Sometimes on Craigslist, Ebay, and various manufacturers. You can have as big an erector set as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Ted, you build some pretty cool things!
    Thank you, Julie. This was one of my cooler builds.

I think every Woodworker has made or thought of making something like this.
    you have made the nicest one I have seen yet. HATS OFF!

I elevated my rails by putting square steel tubing on top of 4x4s. My sled is a piece of double sided melamine with a long oval cut out of the middle and angle iron? Type brackets for the sides for more stability and it provides edges to keep router from wandering. Stops on the under side to keep it on the rails. Paste wax on the melamine and it slides well. Large flattening bit by Freud. It’s pretty redneck compared to the beauty posted here, but it was basically free due to using scraps and my skill level could manage that build. I do have to watch that the melamine doesn’t flex still but I’m getting pretty great surfaces

Awesome Project I’m looking at building one as well and this one has inspired me to…..I really like the use of the skate wheels turned into the guides…..I’ll have to find some alternative as I don’t have a lathe…..Job Well Done Sir!
    I can sure make a mean pile of Saw Dust !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Kelly View Post
    Awesome Project I’m looking at building one as well and this one has inspired me to…..I really like the use of the skate wheels turned into the guides…..I’ll have to find some alternative as I don’t have a lathe…..Job Well Done Sir!
    Terry, Thanks for the kind thought. There has been a lot of progress in the availability of hardware that works with these extrusions in the seven years since this thread was started. If I were doing it today I'd be using some form of linear bearing instead of skate wheels.