Thread: Any Epilog Fusion 120 Watt users out there?

Any Epilog Fusion 120 Watt users out there?

Hi all - I'm looking for some fellow Fusion 120 watt owners. I'd like to ask a specific question regarding cutting material and thought it would be great if we got to know each other a bit in case there are technical issues we can learn from each other on. I've been through ours inside and out, replacing belts, small parts, and even the laser tube. We might be having a problem with the RF controller and, since these machines are so new to the market, I'd like to chat with the other guinea pigs out there.

Appreciate your time and always happy to lend an ear if you have a problem with your Fusion.

BUMP! No other Fusion 120 owners out there?! There has to be a few! What about Fusion 75 watt owners?

I have a 60-watt Fusion 40. I don't do much cutting so I don't need the extra power.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Leavitt View Post
    I have a 60-watt Fusion 40. I don't do much cutting so I don't need the extra power.
    Gotcha - Thanks, Brian. Good to know you have a Fusion 40. Cheers.

I want one, does that count, The US dollar is taking off at the moment and in the last 6 months the price of the Fusion 120
    has gone up for me about NZ$8000, I knew i should have got one earlier
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

You'll likely find more Fusion40 owners on the Epilog Laser Fans page. I don't think I'm allowed to put a link to that page here but if you're on Facebook and you search for "Epilog Laser Fans" page, I believe you'll find it. If it helps any, the "group #" is 75753849193.

Alternatively, if you don't have Facebook, let me know and I'll find a Fusion40/120 person with whom you can visit.

Click on "join" since it's a closed group. Good luck!
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Hi again Jason,
    I'm a bit closer to maybe grabbing a FUSION 40 75W
    I'm really keen to hear if you have any issues with your 120?
    so far my only issue will be removing a door and 400mm of wall to get it into the room.
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K

Vic - I'm so sorry I didn't see your post. I am "subscribed" to this thread but emails stopped coming through when someone replied for some reason. Did you end up going with a Fusion? I'd be happy to tell you all about my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by vic casware View Post
    Hi again Jason,
    I'm a bit closer to maybe grabbing a FUSION 40 75W
    I'm really keen to hear if you have any issues with your 120?
    so far my only issue will be removing a door and 400mm of wall to get it into the room.

I am hopefully confirming today, Murphy's law saw my Helix tube fail the same day i filled
    in the forms for the bank loan, then Epilog ran out of tubes so i'm now 5 days with no machine
    hopefully get it on Monday.
    So wish i ordered the new machine weeks ago.

Greetings, We had a Fusion M2 32 120watt with camera installed last week.... Evidently the auto focus wasn't set properly at the factory.
    Talking this through with Epilog, the lens carriage crashed through the vector grid... Still waiting for parts from Epilog.... now it looks like the
    laser isn't firing, not sure if there is a reset for that of if something was damaged in the crash... Right now not very happy with the support
    we are receiving on a new machine.... first time I have been unhappy with their service... This is our 3rd purchase from them...

Once we are up and running, I'll let you know...
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    .... now it looks like the laser isn't firing, not sure if there is a reset for that of if something was damaged in the crash...
    The 2 times I have seen this on my Fusion:
    #1 I had hit the Emergency shutoff button...oops
    #2 The Network IP addressing was incorrect. Solution: I ignored the Epilog Fusion setup and used instructions from my old Mini... works great now.
    Last edited by Tim Bateson; 08-18-2015 at 1:51 PM.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

How's the speed on the fusion compare to the trotec 400? In the market for a new machine... Sorry to hijack the thread.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Selway View Post
    How's the speed on the fusion compare to the trotec 400? In the market for a new machine... Sorry to hijack the thread.
    It's slower.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.